How does one complete further details required for shipping when one does not have a primary phone n

margabroml
Community Member
After selecting an item to buy, I was asked to fill in an information form which required a primary phone number, which I don't have because am profoundly deaf. Form not accepted unless phone number supplied, so unable to finish transaction
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How does one complete further details required for shipping when one does not have a primary phone n

I have never heard of having to fill out a form? How were you trying to pay and was it from an overseas seller?

A phone number is required sometimes if the sellers is overseas and using a courier to deliver. I usually just chuck in a dummy number.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I would be careful about this purchase. It is starting to sound like a scam. There should not be any reason for you to provide a contact phone number after the sale, just a delivery address.

You could also try contacting ebay and paypal about this purchase and ask why you need to provide this information?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It is not likely to be a scam bsal....it is quite usual for sellers (particularly overseas sellers) who use courier delivery to request a phone number.   All Australian courier companies ask for a phone number along with the delivery address.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure if it still exists but I had to put a phone number in once for some sort of verification. They (automated) called and gave a code that I needed to complete the purchase. I would assume they can text that sort of thing as well.

As others have said most courier companies also want a phone number. There is also a place to enter a phone number when using Australia Post express satchels, but is not needed.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply