How does one get a refund these days..

I ordered a whole lot of things in the past couple of months and go to deal with the few that haven't turned up.
Ordered 7 of one item from one seller, they refunded me for one and ebay says case closed. PayPal says sort it at ebay.
Now ebay won't even let me open a case on any other items because I'm not on a pc. Since when?
Anyone know what I can do?
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why didn't you open the dispute for all the missing items at the same time?

You cannot open another dispute for the same items once one dispute has been closed.

As long as you can access the dispute console you can open a dispute from any device.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If you have to be on a PC to open a dispute, close the app on your mobile device down and open up eBay in a browser. It will open in the mobile view, but if you scroll down to the bottom, there is a link to the classic view. That option will be exactly as you'd see it on a PC.

If you can't open a case with eBay, try and open one through PayPal. If that doesn't work, ring them up and ask to speak to a supervisor. Try ringing eBay first and if you get no joy, then try PayPal. If you paid with a credit card or Visa debit card you can always do a chargeback.

If all else fails, contact the seller one more time and demand the rest of the refund. If he won't pay up, tell him you will be reporting him to ACORN, which is the online fraud police.......then file a report.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I put in a claim for the whole order - seven items. They refunded for one of the items in the order. In what way could I have claimed them individually, there was no option.
I have tried every ebay format available, not just the app. Worked last week when I made the claim but now keeps sending me to 'need a pc' link.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Try and open a dispute through PayPal. If that doesn't work, give them a call. The classic site through a browser in your phone/ipad is exactly the same as using a PC, so not sure why it wouldn't work. Could be because the dispute was already closed.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Yeah, except I'm trying to open a claim on a different item from a different seller. Oh well, try again tomorrow - could just be ebays freakout for the day ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply