How long to wait?

I am after some advice, I bought something on the 14th June, and paid for on that date also (PayPal). It was marked posted on the 15th and so I waited, on the 26th June I emailed and said that I have still recieved my item and can he update please. The seller replied with oh it was posted on the 20th direct from warehouse to prevent any more delays, that no stock was held at this time but I should get it by end of that week (last week), so again I waited. I emailed seller the past Monday (2nd July) saying I still haven't recieved anything to get back an email saying on have no box sets so if you want that you will have to wait 2 weeks or he could send it seperately. I said in that case I would just like a refund. He emailed back saying oh sorry mixed up stated again that it was posted on the 20th and it is on it's way. I questioned why it was marked posted on the 15th June and if he did not have any stock why place a listing without being honest, then I got an email that was rude saying he is losing patientence and using capitols for words like YOU etc. And that I was being unreasonable and that eBay would side with him as they have before. Then alarm bells went off.

After that I asked if he could send me something showing that it has been sent.

So, yes the seller has been great with getting back to me but I still have no item after being promised by certain times, I have only contacted him after the dates I have been given by him, which I think is more than fair. Should I make a dispute with paypal? or wait till end of week again? Its just that I am going into hospital and wanted it before then, and when you buy something on the 14/06 to only be waiting on the 04/07. The seller is saying it is a heavy item, and a popular item. But previous listings for same item have said he did not have them in stock and will send once he had it. To be honest if I had known that I would of bought it from someone else. Turning out to be a nightmare.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

How long to wait?

Did the seller supply any proof that it had been sent on the 20th?

Personally, I would open a dispute if they hadn't given any evidence something had been posted. If the version of events is as you say, IMHO it's you who has the right to be losing patience, not the seller.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

rkwm888
Community Member

you have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks so i would open a dispute with paypal, if the item turns up you can always close it

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

Thank you for that, I thought as much. Just dealing with this person has been horrible, just hope I don't get any abusive messages from them but I have a horrible feeling. But like you said I can always close it.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

If you do get abusive messages OP, please report them to ebay, that really is not on. I have had it happen to me, and you feel as though your privacy has been violated and no seller or buyer has the right to do that

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

You have a much higher tolerance level than me.

I would have sent one email asking for valid tracking info or a refund after 10 working days (if it had Australia as the item location, 15 for overseas) and if I received neither within another 3 days I would have opened a dispute without any further contact.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

Well, I have contacted other buyers who bought same item at same time and one has replied and is in same boat as me. She has been told a different story and that it is now coming from overseas, listing was from Perth. I am going to open the dispute now as I am not the only one that this seller is leaving hannging with no answers and no item, just empty promises.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

And leave them feedback to warn other buyers as well.

Do it now so others that are waiting can see they might be in the same boat as you and will prompt them to look into their purchase as well before he drags it out beyond the 45 day limit to open a dispute.

And in case you do not know as a lot are not aware do not be afraid of neg feedback in retaliation as sellers can not leave negs for buyers.

If they leave a +ive rating with a neg comment you can get it removed and seller gets a slap.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

You have more tolerance than most and my pet hate is an item that is being sold but haven't actually got in stock.

I am not talking about the sellers who accidently list one item and realise they sold out, I am talking about the ones who keep their listing up to hold it's ranking and especially if the item is then being despatched directly from oversea's but stating item is here in Australia.

Open dispute so you are covered. Leave the appropriate feedback and ping the stars accordingly. The ping of stars is for the type of response because yet again I have experience a seller with staff that had made an error but instead of telling fibs told the truth and therefore need to be rewarded IMO.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

How long to wait?

To make matters worse he has emailed me a so called dispatch notice, a word doc, which has no business name or details on it, just my name and address and what the item is. Had to laugh as that states "please allow till the 04/07/12 for delivery". I have opened a dispute now. So leave a neg? the seller has already left me feedback. The other thing that is annoying is that it was marked posted on the 15th, then when I contacted on the 26th he said it was the 20th. I question this and this is when he got rude. Saying that I am inpatient?

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply