How to handle scam after payment?

Hi guys. Can you guys tell me what to do with the scam after payment?

Here's my story. I won the bid for tablet computer 3 days ago which was too good price to pass (silly me....)

There was not many rating (like 30?) on seller but they all were postive.

So I payed with paypal right away and  I was keep monitoring sellers feedback (he had many items on sale)

Turns out during 3 days there's already 2 negative feedback came up and they're all saying 'seller sent empty envelope'

So I searched his past feedback carefully once again and looks like obvious scam.

Simply the seller was driving up his feedback rating with multiple account by buying and selling across those account.

So what should I do? Do I need to contact ebay about this? or ask seller to cancel my order? (He didn't send the empty box yet :p)

I know I can file a refund process after getting the empty box but also know it'll take a long time.

BTW I don't really understand these scammers doing this with paypal payment.

Don't they know people will get money with refund process.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, people get scammed.

Many open an eBay case for INR then when the seller loads the tracking it's closed in favour of seller.

The case that needs to be opened is INAD, seller pays for return of empty box and you get full refund.

Besides it could be a hijacked account. Accounts that are dormant are often hijacked.

Wait until you get your parcel and if picking it up at the PO, open in front of them so they can see it's an empty box, if it turns out that way.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

BTW I don't really understand these scammers doing this with paypal payment.

Don't they know people will get money with refund process.

They wait long enough for Paypal to release their funds, they then sell as much as possible then withdraw the cash from Paypal (Very often to an overseas bank account) and then take the cash and close the bank account.

Yes buyers will get a refund but it will be Paypal who have to pay with little hope of getting their money bback from the long gone scammers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Then of course there are the buyers who don't know they can get a refund, especially if the scam listing is in the automotive categories.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply