How to report a seller to Ebay as he is cheating and lying

I have proof that he is making false statements and I have suffered loss because of this

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You have 180 days from the purchase date to open a dispute in the Paypal "resolution centre", it would seem you are within that time period so try that avenue.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

jasoh-885
Community Member

So, I bought this item and and the location shows in Sydney. When the items arrived, it doens't fit what I am expected so I requested item return. It was approved to return the product but the return address is send to CHINA. I meant, wth, I have to spend $15++ to send it back to China? and it has Chinese words I have to copy and write it on my posts. Why I have to send the item back to CHINA when the item i bought was in Sydney? 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

If it doesn't fit and the description is not accurate, you can open an INAD (item not as described) case.

Is the seller located in China (in spite of the item being listed as in Sydney)? This is a quite common trick, unfortunately. Always check where a seller is located rather than the item. Sometimes they have some friend or partner here, but the business itself is still located in China.

Did you keep the envelope? Many years ago in a similar case I still had the envelope with the address in Australia and insisted I wanted to send it back to that address (not China), and eventually they agreed, but it doesn't always happen.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@jasoh-885,

You say "it doesn't fit what I am expected". Was the size or the dimension information incorrectly listed? That would mean that the size you received is not the size that you ordered. That would be a "significantly not as described" (or SNAD) return situation. In that case, the seller must provide you with a postage label or otherwise agree to refund your return postage costs as well. (See below * also.)

Or is it the case that the size was correctly listed, but the item doesn't fit as you thought it would? That would mean that you did receive the correct size but it's not the size that you actually need. That is a "change of mind" or "remorse" return situation. In that case, it depends on the seller's return policy about whether you as the buyer are responsible for return postage, or whether the seller will cover return postage. Check the seller's return policy to know where you stand if this is a remorse situation.

* If the seller misrepresented the item location, you have a good chance of not having to return the item.

Exclusions and special coverage when the item doesn't match the listing

The seller had misrepresented the item's location

Covered

The buyer must request a return but may not be required to send the item back to the seller

- eBay Money Back Guarantee

You should in that case contact eBay Live Chat, politely outline the situation, explain that the seller misrepresented the item location (if that's the case), provide the proof (quote item number, show screenshot, that sort of thing), and point out that under the eBay MBG, you may not be required to return the item. In particular, if the cost of tracked return is not commensurate with the price of the item, and you can demonstrate that (by showing the Australia Post postage price based on weight of tracked parcel to China), you will have a very strong case.

Stay polite; stay on topic; keep it simple.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

sorry - edited to delete

all this hi jacking and bumping is getting real old

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply