How to report a seller to Ebay as he is cheating and lying

I have proof that he is making false statements and I have suffered loss because of this

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

On your home page click Help up top and type in report seller and follow the instructions

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it's a seller registered in China, then ebay won't care do anything about it.

Your only feedback is from a seller located in China.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

And I think it may be the item that says it was located in AU but it wasn't,hence the cheating and lying?

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Very likely

OP, did you try opening a dispute, or are you talking time loss rather than money loss?

Very rare for a buyer to have a $$$ if the correct procedure is followed 

If one must buy from such sellers in the first place, which only serves to keep said seller happily lying away 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

As a new member, I suggest you check the sellers location and feedback.  Asian sellers are notorious for saying they are located in Aust.  Did you check feedback before you bought.  If not, unfortunately there is little you can do.  Is the item overdue (beyond the est . date?)  Good itea to maybe read through these forums and see your best bourse of action.  You cannot just say someone is cheating & lying.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Limit the likelihood of your being scammed by being aware that if the price is too good to be true, there's a problem.

•  
  • If you need to rely on warranty... buy from Australian businesses (and make sure they are authorised resellers).
  • If you buy electrical / electronic items... buy from Australian businesses (and make sure they are authorised resellers).

How to tell if the seller is Chinese

In a listing, click onto the seller's feedback score. (It's a clickable link that will take you to to the eBay member's feedback profile page.)

In that feedback profile page you will see all of the seller's feedback, plus information about when and where that eBay seller was registered. E.G.,

Many eBay members still aren't aware that the item location information on a listing can be misleading. Either the seller flat-out lies, or the seller is using "Just in time fulfilment". (You can read about in this post.)

If the seller is registered in China, but the item listing states that the item is located in Australia, to be on the safe side you may want to assume that it's coming from China and that the location information is a lie.

Unfortunately eBay Australia has so far not implemented a way to stop Chinese sellers from using misleading item location information, and in fact, eBay China encourages it. There is really very little point in reporting such listings or such sellers. Read here (especially in the "spoiler" section) to see why.

How to see if the seller's feedback shows a problem

On the seller's feedback profile page, you'll see a table called "Recent Feedback Ratings". Click onto the seller's negatives (12 months) - it's a clickable link, and clicking it will cause only the negative feedback received by the seller (in the last 12 months) to show.

Reading those feedback comments can demonstrate a consistent issue. For example, if there are comments like this;

Negative feedback rating  not sent from Australia. Posted from China

... then you have a strong indicator that the seller has listed with misleading item location.

if there are comments like this:

Negative feedback rating Item never arrived

... or ...

Negative feedback rating  seller promised replacement, never sent!

... or ...

Negative feedback rating  seller said sent, no refund, too late to claim

... or ...

Negative feedback rating  promised refund if I closed case, liar!

... or ...

Negative feedback rating cheap rubbish fell apart, fake

... then you have information about the seller indicating that their promises can't be relied on and their product is not genuine.

If the item location on the listing says Chullora, Sydney, Darwin, or any other Australian location, you should be aware that this is where the seller SAYS the item is. You need to dig deeper before buying. Check the seller's feedback profile page.

The best way to avoid buying from bad sellers is to check the seller's negatives (that seller's negs DID warn about the item location), country of registration, and feedback percentage. For a high-volume seller, I would not consider anything less than 99.5% a good percentage.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I agree, cheating is a strong word. However in absence of a better term I had to use it. Case is that he mentioned stock is in AU and delivery in 5-6 days based on which I decided to buy on a price which was more than twice of HK/Chinese sellers. Next day I see update from seller that it is unders preperation for dispatch, there is a consignment number but arrival date is 10-15 days. Then I write to the seller enquiring that the tracking number is not correct, Aus post says this number does not exist. He kept saying dont worry it is dispatched. I reminded and queried 6 - 7 times to share correct tracking or correct date of arrival and the reply was - dont worry it is dispatched. I also told him that this will cause me a big loss just tell me if you are not dispatching or if there is an issue. Already the delivery has changed from 1 week to 2 weeks and if it does not arrive then it will be a difficult sitation for me. 

After 2 weeks he says sorry, I am refunding and please accept to cacel the transaction, we will be careful next time. 

He did not have the courtesy to say that 2 weeks ago and I could have taken some action to mitigate the problem. Many others suggested to ready reviews, unfortunately I read the reviews after having this problem. I had used Ebay discount coupons etc which are also gone down the drain as well. I just want to ensure that ebay is aware of how sellers can cause issues for buyers which can easily be avoided by being upfront and honest. I dont think the seller or ebay will pay me for the loss but if no action is taken this guy will continue to scam others at his free will. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

This my order no.13-04191-48636 and the item 163905619534 the seller store is <Removed>. He explaine item s as audio/climate head unit excellent condition but when i recieve it and check it I see the lcd screen is broken. I contact the seller and he say he will send anothe one. He dealay time to finish the disput time and close the order time. I send many message to him but not answer any one. This is last message from him in 16/Jan/2020

<Removed>

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I'm not sure what the rules are in Bahrain, but in general don't let the seller string you along past eBay's MBG time limit.

Or name members as that's against board policy.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply