How to return a refund?

Purchased item and delivery ran late. The seller refunded the funds and now item has arrived. I want to return the funds, so is there a particular way to go about doing this?. The purchase in question has not yet been cancelled but I cant see a a way on ebay or paypal to easily return the funds.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How to return a refund?

You can ask the seller to send you a PayPal invoice, or you can send the funds directly.

If you locate the original transaction in PayPal, it will show you the seller's email address used to receive the funds. You can copy/paste that when you send funds and it will go to the same account (presuming the seller still has that email address attached to their account - probably best to contact the seller and double-check, and so that they know what the payment is for).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to return a refund?

You can ask the seller to send you a PayPal invoice, or you can send the funds directly.

If you locate the original transaction in PayPal, it will show you the seller's email address used to receive the funds. You can copy/paste that when you send funds and it will go to the same account (presuming the seller still has that email address attached to their account - probably best to contact the seller and double-check, and so that they know what the payment is for).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

How to return a refund?

as above. but congrats to you for being an honest person to refund seller.

its people like you thats willing to go the extra mile to do the right thing good on you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

How to return a refund?

Thanks I just thought there might have been an easy reversal option.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

How to return a refund?

Thanks. In a system set up to enable dishonest people to rip off hard working sellers there needs to be a few honest people who will do the right thing.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply