I am trying to open a resolution and cannot find how to do it

milroy9
Community Member

I am having great difficulty in trying to open the resolution centre to request my money back for an item that was purchased on the %th Dec 2016 and the last date that I could receive it is the 16th Jan. I have tried tracking the item and I get an answer that the item has not been received for posting. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have you asked the seller to re-confirm the tracking number?

Not sure what you mean by 'the last date that I could receive it is the 16th Jan'  the estimated dates are guesses inserted by ebay, nothing more and do not factor in public holodays etc etc etc and more often than not are way off the mark

What was the seller's feedback like? does it show a habit of not sending items?

Where was it coming from?  If from overseas, then customs, the shipping service used could slow it down more

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is only the 16th today.

If the seller cannot shed any light on whether it has been posted you should be able to open the dispute tomorrow.

I feel you are jumping the gun by opening a dispute as soon as you are able.  The dates you are given are only ebay estimates of when the item can be expected and are usually way out of whack with reality, especially if they are overseas items.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Nevertheless, from, presumably, 5 Dec to now is 32 days, or 21 business days. If it's coming from Australia and the tracking shows it hasn't been scanned, it is not unreasonable, especially if the seller is not communicating, to open a dispute. It would depend on when the tracking number was promulgated.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The OP does not mention the seller not communicating...only that the tracking number is not working.

Whether the seller is communicating has no bearing on the fact that the buyer can not open a dispute till AFTER the last estimated delivery date...not ON the last estimated date.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You should perhaps give it a little longer especially if it is coming from overseas. If you are wanting to make a claim for non delivery it is better to open a Paypal dispute, ebay claims are better for not as described.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply