I bought a Laptop battery 23.5.2016, after many, many emails between seller and self, I received

I bought a Laptop battery 23.5.2016, after 3 months it died... Contacted seller and after many, many emails the seller emailed and sent a replacement battery with a tracking number, BUT the battery DID NOT ARRIVE..... NOW THE SELLER WILL NOT CONTACT ME AT ALL..... WHAT DO I DO NOW....................... Ranch3877

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bought a Laptop battery 23.5.2016, after many, many emails between seller and self, I received

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How long since the seller sent the replacement battery?

What does the tracking show for that battery?

I doubt that there is anything you can do after all this time uness you have a written manufacturers guarantee.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hello, thank you for your reply! The message went into the spam file!!

I received a email from the seller on 24.10.2016, saying the replacement battery was despatched with tracking number:

ZN80035384 via Australia Post. 

From this date to late December, I notified the seller, THAT AUSTRALIA POST HAD NO RECORD OF THIS TRACKING NUMBER IN

AUSTRALIA...

Since January, I have notified the seller and ask atleast for them to reply to all my emails SINCE 24.10.2016, and THEY HAVE NOT!

Lastly, I hope somebody at ebay can at least help me, or put a BLACK MARK against this seller.

regards

Jan Denny  (Ranch3877)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Oh dear, you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book....the false tracking number.

You have left it go far too long now. 

You might have had a chance at a refund through paypal if you had acted within 6 months.   I say "might" because the refund is supposed to based on the condition of the item when received.  But you may have had a claim if you were able to prove that the seller sent a replacement which did not arrive....the "tracking number" may have helped there.

There is nothing that ebay will do after all this time but if you left feedback for the original transaction you can add a followup comment to let members know what happened.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply