I bought some cookware from a seller and the cookware was faulty and an imitation (flavorstone)

Ok so i bought ths thinking it was real ,paypal has asked me to prove that it is not. i have been given only to days to get documentation from someone that they are not. this means posting the cookware to Sydney ,this will take more than 3 days and will cost heaps any ideas pls.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I bought some cookware from a seller and the cookware was faulty and an imitation (flavorstone)

Call paypal and tell them it will take longer and why and the cost would be too much to send it to where it has to go as it is not near you so it would not be cost effective.

Ask paypal if you can take it to a police station and get in writing it was handed in as it agaist the law to sell knock offs here and you have reported the seller to the police.

This is why there is much fake stuff sold as it is the buyer that has to go through hops to prove it is not authentic.

Other than that is it worth telling paypal you will return it to the seller to get your refund.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply but the seller says because aai used it they wont except a return. 1st use and it buckled which then led me to find out it was fake.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Does not matter what the seller says.

If you paid with paypal and paypal ask you to return the item then you return it with signature required post and you WILL be refunded.

Call paypal and tell them you will return for the refund and they will send you the address to return them and you then advise paypal of the tracking number and keep an eye on the AP tracking site and as soon as you see it is showing as delivered call paypal and they will give you the refund while on the phone to them.

No matter what the seller saysd they MUST accept the return and you will be refunded.

If the seller refuses the delivery call paypal and you will still be refunded as it is not your problem they choose to refuse it.

This is why you use paypal for your protection.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I bought it for $85.00 plus $10.00 postage will cost me over $65.00 to post back should I just give up?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Rather than try to prove that it is a fake you should open a dispute on the grounds of a faulty product.  It is a lot easier as you do not have to get proof from a 3rd party.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

How do i go about doing that ? Do I open a new dispute ?

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

You can not open a new dispute unfortunately.

Sorry, I did not think it through....I did not realise the dispute was already open. About all you can do now is ring paypal and ask if they will allow you to change the reason for the dispute.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Hi, can I ask you if you *prepared* the flavorstone pan first before you used it?

There are some pre-use things they suggest you do before the first use.

Also, these pans are not to be used with a high temperature or else they will buckle. They are for a low to medium heat use only.

I have the flavorstone set which I purchased from off TV, and I have not had any issues at all. I prepared them as recommended.

Also, they cant go in the dish washer either, as the extreme heat may cause buckling.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Yes i did prepare the pans before use. The issue is that these are fake there is no trademark stamp on them. I found a distributer in my area  and am taking my set in for them to authenticate.  According to them and Danoz all their authentic pans have a trademark stamp near the handle.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply