I got scammed by a smart seller but ebay can do nothing to them, very disappointed!!

It is a new scam way that I can't believe eBay protects the scammer so well instead of the customer. Because the technical problem of eBay gives these scammers a chance to scam people.

The story is this. Few months ago there is a seller sent me a faulty item then I agreed that they resend me a new one. First, I waited for nothing after a month so I asked them offer me the tracking number, but they said they don't have it. They just kept being nice to ask me to wait for the parcel. I was so stupid to trust them so I just kept waiting. After 3 months I still got nothing so they said they will resend me a new parcel again. But after waiting for 5 months I still got thing then the seller just completely ignored me and I can do nothing to them. 

How smart the sammer is. Because after 5 months I even couldn't report them by the eBay automatically problem solving system. Apparently they know how it works so what they need to do is just keep telling the buyer to wait for the parcel. After I realize that I got scammed, there is even no option for me to report the seller at all.

I am very disappointed at eBay. Your system is designed to protect this kind of scammer. I even couldn't report this seller by the automactically problem solving system that is why I am here, and hoping someone can see my feedback to save other buyers from getting scammed by this kind of scammer in the future. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I got scammed by a smart seller but ebay can do nothing to them, very disappointed!!

@lyndal1838 

Treating people with dignity, kindness and respect is very effective. 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: I got scammed by a smart seller but ebay can do nothing to them, very disappointed!!

If you see my post as disrespectful then so be it.

The OP was given the necessary information with no frills or flattery....if that is not being "kind" so be it.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I see, like when the OP blamed people here for what eBay allow and their own bad choices? 

Then showed no interest in protecting themselves after choosing to buy from a scammer and then do nothing about it after the fact, meaning other buyers were also put at more risk from also being scammed as eBay had not been notified 

Works both ways

There was nothing any more impolite in the factual responses given than what had been directed at members here

Ego soothing and head patting is not going to help

Most people here give honest and to the point answers 

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

in reply to shacklestore @sandypebbles wrote:

I see, like when the OP blamed people here for what eBay allow and their own bad choices? 

Then showed no interest in protecting themselves after choosing to buy from a scammer and then do nothing about it after the fact, meaning other buyers were also put at more risk from also being scammed as eBay had not been notified 

Works both ways

There was nothing any more impolite in the factual responses given than what had been directed at members here

Ego soothing and head patting is not going to help

Most people here give honest and to the point answers 

My apologies but I have no idea what you are referring to or trying to say. If I could kindly suggest you quote relevant sections or matters and then explain the issue. 

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I've experienced the "Please just wait one more week" for whatever item to arrive from China many, MANY times. I always just ask for a refund once it gets to about a month "late". Mostly they do it with no questions, but sometimes they say they'll send / already have sent another item. Still I say no thanks, just a refund please. If they still put me off, I simply lodge an INR case direct with ebay. I think only once did ebay actually have to step in to force the seller to refund me. Usually I get my money back within 24-48 hours from lodging the case.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@shacklestore wrote:

Unfortunately there are some quite heartless people on this forum. You obviously did not set out to be scammed and rather attempted to be a kind and understanding person for which you deserve credit. Trust you will have the money refunded eventually.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply