I have 100% positive feedback over 2800 transaction and I got blocked for trying to combine post

Absolutely shocking way to treat customers. I have over 2800 positive feedback over 13 years. I recently engaged with a seller I had won a couple of items and communicated regarding combined post with the seller and the seller was happy. At this stage I had 3 items won and an hour until 2 other auctions I had bid on would finish.  This is about a 5 day period. I would have further bid if needed . Then eBay cancelled the 2 items I had bid on then blocked me. 

I tried to explain this to the seller not sure he was trusting my explanation. 

The seller relisted the items but I was unable to bid. He asked if I was going to buy them now and I tried and no go , blocked. I informed him , he not happy. 

I contacted eBay they said I shouldn't be blocked and I would have been emailed. Which I wasn't.

After my contact with eBay, I had success bidding on a couple of other items , I then tried the seller that had to relist the items.  I was unable to bid, BLOCKED.

No point talking with eBay again as no one seems to have a clue whether its lost in translation not sure. But no one really cares ( geez done this long enough to know that care is never a thought).

Now this was several days ago, I have bid on SOME items and been successful and a few hours ago tried to bid on a local ( Aust ) sellers medal group ( I collect buy sell Militaria ) which would have easily bumped his sale price up an extra $150 , BLOCKED. At the same time I bid successfully on an item in the Netherlands. 

Anyone had this happen, intermittent blocking. No not the seller blocking me - eBay. 

Some of these collectibles are hard to get and it may take 12 months or more to get similar other items are one off and thats it. 

All I tried to to was combine post, I fully communicated with the seller. 

Does eBay no longer want combined post as it robs them of addition % on postage and and other fees. 

Fix it eBay, Once I am able to bid again, I might be in the position of choosing only one item per seller or winning paying , winning paying then asking for a refund on excess postage. this penalises the seller with additional work.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I have 100% positive feedback over 2800 transaction and I got blocked for trying to combine post

Thankyou, this is the info I  am receiving. Appreciate it. 

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: I have 100% positive feedback over 2800 transaction and I got blocked for trying to combine post

@bigdazzler66 wrote:

Thanks, I agree, I have a buyer with an unpaid item , I do not believe I have the unpaid assitant on. 

got good info here and from previous input . appreciated.

I don't have it turned on either, as I am open to giving someone who asks with a good reason a little extra time.   But if I don't hear from them after a reminder,  4 days and 1 second after they purchased,  I follow the unpaid item process. I dont give them any longer.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Nothing unless you do something. Not all sellers have automatic seller assistant settings.

You obviously don't. If you don't cancel for nonpayment, nothing will happen. Until your time runs out and you don't get your fees refunded.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Yeah caught off guard on this. When Buying I usually pay within 12 hours if not immediately and seeing I had never had an issue in previous years just went along as normal. Always in full comms as per usual when wanting to combine to ensure okay, it was. Also kept contact to let seller know what's going on. I bought 5 items and repeatedly asked for combined invoice, I eventually paid for those and asked again after the fact for combined no reply. The 2 others were still to end then were canned by ebay. So unfortunately sometimes in the real world what would be ideal relies on another's idea of what is ideal.  paid for 5 items in total. Missed out on 2.  

Ebay is supposed to be fairly simple and straight forward, comms if want or not. If you have to continually too and fro on a platform like this It is just as easy to purchase direct from sellers/dealers websites, as I said previously, ebay has made me a bit lazy as I tend to scroll ebay instead of searching the net. 

all good now I know my buying habits will need to change. 

thanks for the input , have gained a bit of knowledge , which is always win , win

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

G'day mate, yeah not set for it auto. I cancelled that listing earlier ,  lodged it and blocked. 5 emails ebays repeated invoicing and a couple of mine.  There are people out there that these systems are good for but like any net it catches the unnecessary.  What has to be remembered is some buyers aren't on all the time have lives and forget so it can be worth holding back. But when someone doesn't respond to repeated Q'S time to get rid of em. Same for sellers that can't post within a time frame or mark as posted and post a week later. mmm had that.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply