I have purchased a faulty item

I purchased a new 2 cylinder compressor and didn't think i needed to test it when it was delivered.

Since then i've had a flat tyre and discovered the compressor doesn't work. It in fact has a missing piston.

I contacted the seller and they replied asking for a video showing the missing piston which i provided.

Since then and the passing of 90 days from purchase, i have not had a response from the seller.

Is there anything i can do to either get a replacement or credit?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There are time limits for disputes on eBay. For eBay's Money Back Guarantee it's 30 days past the final ETA of the item, and for Paypal it's 180 days from the purchase date.

It sounds like you're well past eBay's limit, if that's the case and you paid with Paypal open a dispute in their Resolution Centre.

Go for a refund, not replacement or credit, and do not close the case until you are completely satisfied with the outcome.

Failing that you could try a credit card chargeback if you paid that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

From the name of the seller you had shared (I remember the first part), it's a seller either registered in China or a seller who buys all their items from China.

I think it is better to buy this kind of items here, possibly from a B&M store, even if they cost a bit more.

The best you can do now is try a PayPal case (as padi also suggested) - and don't close it until you have your refund. I do hope you used PayPal.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

From the name of the seller you had shared (I remember the first part), it's a seller either registered in China or a seller who buys all their items from China.

An Australian registered seller Papermoon, but the listings screamed of being a drop-shipper from China, or almost certainly sourced all their goods there.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The seller is 110% most certainly a fish monger

purveyor of carp 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

😂

So true Sandy.