I received a partial refund from seller, but less than what seller had agreed to.

Hello everyone.

I made a purchase a few weeks ago for an electronic item.

It arrived today. When I opened the satchel, the retail box was saturated with water and almost like mulch. The item was still in good nic. But then I noticed the item was a lot smaller in size than expected. And then I looked at some of the specs on the box, and found it was different to that of the manufacturers website. Then I smelt a rat, and investigated further, and found the item was a fake, or counterfeited brand name. So, I pointed all of this out to the seller. After many eBay messages back and forth, I then get a message saying that they would be happy to refund me a 20% re-imbursement. I agreed to this, as I did not wish to rely on a dodgy seller refunding me in full, if I had to send it back, they would find some excuse to get out of a full refund. So then they processed the refund, but considerably less than 20% as agreed to. I have sent another message off, saying that the amount refunded is not what was agreed to.

How can I dispute my claim of refund with eBay. I do not see any provision for doing so. I dont even know if eBay will intervene. I mean to say, what the seller is doing, is totally wrong and against eBay policy, in selling an item to represent as being a top electronic manufacturer branded name. 

Cheers David. 

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

I received a partial refund from seller, but less than what seller had agreed to.

@padi*0409 wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

So what exactly did you buy...............

Since the OP has decided not to participate any more, I guess we'll never know.

Spoiler
..........good job I've got no bourbon here after logging back on, otherwise it would be taking a hammering......

Padi, you should get some Bourbon, STAT. Remember, it's always 3pm somewhere in the world!

Message 71 of 71
Latest reply