I've reported rudeness and bad service from a seller

I bought 4 x pairs of baby socks (each was one auction) and the postage from VIC to NSW was going to be $10 per pair.  They 'discounted' it from $40 to $30.  I asked a few questions and was given the okay to send my own pre-paid, pre-addressed 3kg bag (which cost me $11.70). Now they are refusing to put the bag in the post & want me to arrange collection.  I"m in Sydney and they are in Melbourne. 

I copied the part of the correspondence to ebay customer complaint.  

(quote) Please organise some else to pick up this item and post it to you. I am sure you have experience with ebay and you know some people make extra money on postage just like i do. I will accept the plastic satchel but I am sorry I will not waste my time walking / drive to post the item this for nothing. Let me know when you have find the person to help you to post the item Thanks (end quote from seller)

Has anyone got a response from customer support about unfair behaivour/  bad service/ postage pirates?

note: I looked up their house on google maps and there is a post office less than 1km from their home.  Love google maps.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: I've reported rudeness and bad service from a seller

Just to be clear, Stockholm is Sweden and Copenhagen is Denmark but you probably knew that and were likely referring to the socks being Scandinavian.

Also interesting is a Danish friend has a small cafe in Park orchards which I will visit should I be going. 🙂

image host
Message 11 of 148
Latest reply

Hello shypansy, you're very kind to say so.

I assumed she had paid and already the seller has the satchel but I could be wrong.

image host
Message 12 of 148
Latest reply

Don't be fooled by the 'new seller' account.  The husband, who initially messaged, said he was a highly experienced seller on eBay after I unfortunately suggested, due the new status, the postage was a bit expensive.  From there I negotiated for my own bag, then she jumped on the messages and contradicted him.  It was her final message where she refused to post the bag that was beyond reasonable. (then I google mapped their house with post offices and found how close it was)

Having her account shut down will, unfortunately, not affect them.

I will message her and say a 'friend' is coming by to pick them up.. .let's see what happens.

Message 13 of 148
Latest reply

Yes, was referring to the 'general scandinavian' style 😉  as a connection 🙂

Thanks to both of you for the responses.  Will keep you updated

Message 14 of 148
Latest reply

Hey, just hope her hubby is at home when you call, apparently he is a "lovely bloke to deal with" 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 15 of 148
Latest reply

Sorry I missed your reply,  hmm sort of suspected that when I looked at her listings, sounds like a case of good cop/ebayer Vs bad cop/ebayer regarding the husband and wife, 

Good luck with it all, 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 16 of 148
Latest reply

If I go, sounds like I might need to rescue the husband as well. B-)

image host
Message 17 of 148
Latest reply

WOW your buying 4 pair of baby elephant socks, thats right isnt it?

You would have to be to think that $10 to post just one pair is reasonable, and to think anything over $10 for 4 pair is still ok.

They can all fit into the 500 gm satchel for what is it now $7.60 or something?

The biggest mistake you made was to buy from that seller.

You cant do much now except for leaving them 1's on stars and a neg, stating, Seller refused to post when i sent my own satchel as arranged.

Some sellers really shouldnt be on ebay at all.

Message 18 of 148
Latest reply

Ok read all the replies now 🙂 i tend to do that, not read all, put in my bit then go back and read.

With some sellers yes you can alter the postage at checkout if they have elected for the buyer to do so, I once had that option, till a buyer decided that some tiny amount was enough to pay in postage lol, I then stopped it so that buyers couldnt alter the invoice.

Just do as suggested, ask for an invoice without postage added, remind her you sent your own satchel as she had agreed to, if she wont send you an invoice and you get a non payment reminder, then pay for it, wait and see if you get your item, if not, open up an item not received dispute, when its closed, then leave her 4 negs, stating what i said above.... "Seller refused to post when i sent my own satchel as arranged."

Message 19 of 148
Latest reply

Oh my lord, that seller is outrageous!

$40 postage REDUCED to $30 for baby socks? Is she completely insane?

I'm not sure why you didn't send a 500g satchel but regardless, for that seller to say she won't post YOUR satchel for nothing is just incredible.

Any to also admit eBay sellers make money from postage. Wow! I most certainly don't, and she's in dreamland if she thinks any decent seller does.

When the time comes, I absolutely would neg this seller and rate all of her stars down. She gives us all a bad name.

(And for those who think it's the OP's fault for bidding - NO ONE would expect to pay $40 postage for socks. No one!)

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 20 of 148
Latest reply