I won the auction and I kept sending messages to the seller,no reply.He cancelled the transaction

Hi,I had won the auction and I happy to pay the time I win but the seller had some issue.I kept asking and sending messages about the item and there's no reply.Just now He relisted again the same item without telling me that He cancelled the transaction.

targettime 15--seller

It was New Authentic Coach Stunning Pocket Tote White Leather Satchel $899.! 1M.I was the highest bidder for $150

Can help me and I wasn't happy about it.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I won the auction and I kept sending messages to the seller,no reply.He cancelled the transactio

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You won the bag on the 29th January.  The postage is on the listing....why did you not pay immediately?

I am guessing that the seller was not happy with the winning bid...he wanted more money.  By not paying you have given him the perfect opportunity to cancel.

There is not much you can do now except leave appropriate feedback but you may well find that he will open a non paying bidder dispute against you.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: I won the auction and I kept sending messages to the seller,no reply.He cancelled the transactio

It's possible that he had more than one of these bags as he looks like he's sold 3 in he last 4 months.

Same with another style of Coach Bag - he's sold 2.

I would have thought if he makes a habit of not selling because the bid was too low he would have had a lot more negs.

He may still be waiting for payment. I suggest you try again to contact the Seller.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I agree with lyndal, you should ideally pay as soon as you win an auction. Leaving it "open", so to speak, probably made the seller think you weren't going to pay and so that was that.

Better luck next time ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If the ad had the postage amount clearly listed, and it seems it did, why didn't you just pay?

You say you would have been happy to pay, but it doesn't look that way to a seller if you don't pay.

You say you were messaging the seller-what about?

If an auction ends and you have won & the postage amount is listed, most people just pay via paypal, it doesn't need a message.

If you were asking questions about the bag & not paying, maybe the seller just thought you weren't keen or were a doubtful buyer.

I don't think it would be that the seller has cancelled because he/ she wants more money as it seems to me that they've sold a lot of other '$899' bags for the same or less than you bid, so that should not have been a problem.

The item you mentioned-it seems to have been relisted at a low starting price, if it is the one currently with bidding at about $21.50.

I would be wondering if it is an authentic $AU899 bag, to be honest.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If the seller has cancelled, consider yourself lucky. You've dodged a bullet No-one is going to sell a $900 item for $150. Even wholesale from a legitimate seller would be far more than that. Majority of designer brands you see like this on eBay are FAKE. You would have wasted your money on a fake. The only way to be sure you have bought a genuine item is to buy from an authorised reseller. That seller is NOT an authorised reseller and seems to have a lot of fake items listed.

The other bag you bought probably is the real deal because someone was selling one they'd previously bought, used and now no longer want.

Just because it's eBay, doesn't mean you are going to get a bargain on a high priced, brand new designer brand. It doesn't work that way. Every seller of fakes is going to say it's authentic because they know they are not allowed to sell fakes.

Please read this link http://vero.ebay.com/vero/coachip

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply