I would like to know where to put in a complaint due to false advertising

Not sure where to ask this but myself and friends enjoy doing diamond craft kits and we are finding it hard to buy what we want due to sellers posting misleading information. This is more than just a few sellers who Im not too sure understand what they are selling. An example is a full drill which is beaded all over the canvas and a part drill which could be little beading or a lot but not over complete canvas. If you order and pay for something advertised as full drill then that is what you expect to get. Today anothe disappointment when the advertised full drill item arrived with little or no drill. Well Im waffling so would like to know who I can contact so hopefully ebay can get them to remove their incorrect advertising so buyers know what they are gettin.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you been opening an item not as described case when this happens?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is most unlikely that ebay will do anything....they will not act on a single complaint from another member.

You need to open a dispute for Item Not As Described to get your money back and leae feedback to make other members aware that there is a problem with descriptions of items.

The feedback you have been leaving does not indicate any problems.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I agree with lyndal, you'll need to get tougher, more exacting.

You're not going to be able to change ebay or the fact that some sellers might not know much about their product. All you can do is ensure you get what you paid for and what was advertised.

To do that, it might be worthwhile watching ads and asking the seller detailed questions before you bid, just to clarify exactly what is on offer.

And if it arrives and isn't as described, open a 'not as described' case. You'll be no worse off & you may be a lot better off. If you win, a seller will have to pay the return postage costs & you'll get a full refund. In some cases, some sellers may offer a partial refund instead, which could be a fair compromise too.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply