Idea for a Useful Tab under Summary

It sure would be handy to have somewhere on eBay where I could keep a record of sellers I never want to buy from again.  Sort of like the tabs for 'Saved Searches' and 'Saved Sellers' only this one would be Sellers to Avoid'....but of course it could also be a tab labelled something less controversial...like 'Notes'. 🙂

If you are a collector many seller's names keep coming up over and over, and it's hard to remember all the dealings you've had with them.  I look at a slightly familiar name and wonder, Is this the person I got that great XXXX from in 2009...or is this the one who sent ZZZZZ in flimsy packaging last year and it was damaged?

If I could keep a checklist of names and add notes to remind me why they are on the list (eg overcharges on postage, takes ages send item, poor quality products, advertises stuff that is out of stock, skimps on packaging.....you get the idea) it would be really useful.

Or maybe there are other quite different reasons why a personal Notes section under Summary would be a good thing to have. 😉

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Put them under your saved sellers list but with negitive remarks.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I've tried that - it really adds to the list of Seller names to search through so the task is more time consuming.  Plus it's not great record keeping mixing two completely different categories ie the good and the bad (especially when I'm looking through my list for the good ones).

Besides, I don't want to Link to these sellers - I just want a separate plain list with space for notes under each name so that I can do a quick scan down when I need to.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Have a note book handy with the ID's and the reason to avoid in it.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

mindtoobusy
Community Member

Start a list in your Word processing programme.

Just have to copy and paste User Names and a short note.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Just set up the search through the advanced search.

That way you can exclude the sellers from your search and then save the search for next time.

To do so ,go to advanced search and type in your search.

Then scroll down to:

Sellers.

Only show items from:

Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)

Click on the drop down box and select exclude.and type in the seller/sellers you want to avoid.

Set any other parameters you want and click on search.

Once the search is up,just save it,:-D

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've kept a Word doc of similar info from the days when my only access to the internet was via public computers.

And I've set very specific searches, though I have to admit I find the process tedious at times.

Yes, there are lots of things I can do (or have already done) but a separate list that is actually on My eBay handy for a quick check of names, would really be for me the most convenient method.

Never mind.  It was just an idea.....

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

zanadoo_56, you can specifically excluse a multitude of sellers each time you conduct a search.

To the right of the white search box, click on Advances Search. Near the bottom of the new window, under Location, there is a heading called Sellers. Check the box that says "Only show items from..." and click on "Specific sellers..." From there, use the drop-down box to select Exclude. Then, just put in each seller's name after a comma.

You can seemingly (as I've never used this myself) save this as a template by selecting "Save this search to My eBay" at the very bottom of the screen.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply