If I want to return the item to the store directly, how the seller can receive the fee back?

qaz78911
Community Member

I bought via ebay and received by courier. Now I want to return it to the shop by myself instead of courier. How the seller received ebay fee back if I do so?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If I want to return the item to the store directly, how the seller can receive the fee back?

Am a little confused by your post.  If there is a problem with your purchase, the seller is your first line of complaint.  Have you contacted seller with your problem.  If you return something to a place where it was not purchased I have no idea how you will get a refund for the goods if that is what you are after.  A little more info would help responders here help you.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like they purchased from an eBay seller that also has a B&M store like a JB hifi.

OP, if this is what you want to do, I think you would need to return it and while you are at the store get the seller to cancel the sale and refund you. This will get the seller the eBay fee back.

But your refund will be less the courier fee as the seller should not pay for that if you have changed your mind.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@qaz78911, you do need to be very careful in returning the item, because eBay's Money Back Guarantee (assuming that you want to return because the item is damaged or faulty or not as described) may require proof of return.

If the desire to return is because of buyer's remorse (change-of-mind return), make sure that the seller accepts returns for change of mind.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your answer. If the seller already delivered the item to me, can the seller cancel the transaction? Thanks a lot.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If the item has been delivered to you the seller has no reason the cancel the transaction.  It would be fraud.

A lot of what you are posting makes no sense.  Try starting at the beginning and telling us what you want to do and why.

There are some large sellers on ebay who have B and M stores who cannot receive ebay returns to that store.  Are you sure that the seller you want to return the item to can accept it.   Their ebay outlets are separate to their real life stores.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply