If your parcel hasn't arrived don't blame the Chinese

For those of you who are waiting on International parcels, thought I would just pass my latest experience on.

Purchased an item from China on May 27,  arrived in Australia June 14, delivered October 7.

This is only one of the items I have purchased from China, seems they can take anywhere from 3 to 5 months (or longer) to arrive, sitting most of the time somewhere on a wharf in Australia.   Australia Post is touted to be responsible for all incoming mail, but don't waste your time calling them, as they claim no knowledge or responsibility.

I received another parcel after being 3 months in Australia, but still no sign of the one that landed here on May 20.

I have not claimed "item not received" on any of these, as they are low cost items and I consider it unfair to the Seller seeing as they have been tracked as arrived in Australia. I can't leave feedback either, but have let the Seller know that the item has been received and thanked them.

I stopped making international purchases some time ago, and also try to make national purchases as close to home as possible.  Australia Post's delivery service is pathetic. With mail only being delivered every second day, and many parcels coming with the postman, every second week we get two deliveries, sometimes only one, because the postman took a day off.

Many years ago it only took one day to get a letter from Brisbane to Melbourne, the Postal Service just gets progressively worse while prices continue to rise.  I guess future generations will be getting a mail delivery once a month, if at all.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: If your parcel hasn't arrived don't blame the Chinese

Use a little common sense, my post related to Chinese Sellers who are mostly blamed for their items taking a long time to arrive.  You need to "logically" apply other reasons or maybe the same to items coming from elsewhere. I thought everyone on here would realize this. I could not list every country as an example, just chose to list my latest experience which happened to be China, and to those of you who have also bought from China.    I hope this makes it all clear for you.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Use a little common sense, my post related to Chinese Sellers who are mostly blamed for their items taking a long time to arrive.  You need to "logically" apply other reasons or maybe the same to items coming from elsewhere. I thought everyone on here would realize this. I could not list every country as an example, just chose to list my latest experience which happened to be China, and to those of you who have also bought from China.    I hope this makes it all clear for you.

LOL, I think you left your sense of humour in china.  Wow, some people.  

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Use a little common sense, my post related to Chinese Sellers who are mostly blamed for their items taking a long time to arrive.  

Just about all sellers are blamed for transit times in reality, by a certain type of buyer, anyway - if not blamed, then held accountable regardless. This has always happened, and likely always will.

I actually find the shorter delays are blamed on sellers more than the longer ones. Like, if a package is only a week later than the buyer expected, the seller (wherever they are located) will cop it, assumptions are just made for some reason that the seller somehow did something to make it take longer, despite it being a completely irrational position to hold (more particularly if there is tracking showing the package was lodged within handling time). If it's weeks or months late (yes, I've had packages arrive to Aussie buyers months after being purchased, well before covid was ever a thing, too), then postal services get the blame because the cause of delay is much more obvious to them, I suppose. 

I get the point of your post, I think the response is likely because a more general "If your package arrives late, don't blame sellers" is a good and true statement under most circumstances - singling out specific sellers and citing an extreme delay most people will blame on postal services anyway, can potentially affirm the whole sellers can influence the speed of delivery thing some buyers seem to believe. 

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Why do Chinese size make small for Lage?

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Was has that got to do with parcels not arriving?

Since when was sizing universal? (or even the same between brands in the same country?)

Why not ask for measurements instead of thinking every size 's' will be identical 

Why not ask them?

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

This has nothing to do with parcels not arriving, but just to quickly answer your question, maybe it is because they are smaller, so their L could be our M or even S sometimes?? I would not buy without measurements in the listing, not even if it is an Australian brand.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

jimb549
Community Member

I have had to cancel my last 4 orders from ebay delivered from china,got my money back.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Buyers cannot cancel

If you buy from sellers in China, you will get stuff from sellers in China 

The sellers you left negs for were clearly shown as registered in China and had horrid feedback (one of whom shows as being 'away' on their page

The seller you left feedback for saying the item did not arrive and they are sending another - don't count on it, another seller in China with shocking feedback, they have no intention of sending another unless you opened and followed through with an item not received dispute

The part did'nt arrive, again in China, again with feedback in the gutter

You keep on choosing to buy from these dodgy sellers, it's no surprise you keep having these issues 

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Buyers cannot cancel

If you buy from sellers in China, you will get stuff from sellers in China 

The sellers you left negs for were clearly shown as registered in China and had horrid feedback (one of whom shows as being 'away' on their page

The seller you left feedback for saying the item did not arrive and they are sending another - don't count on it, another seller in China with shocking feedback, they have no intention of sending another unless you opened and followed through with an item not received dispute

The part did'nt arrive, again in China, again with feedback in the gutter

You keep on choosing to buy from these dodgy sellers, it's no surprise you keep having these issues 

Sounds like self imposed issues for jumb549.  And they had to drag up a 3 year old thread to let us know they dont check feedback.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply