Inflated Prices

Whats the go about Items listed with a hugely inflated price? Like and Iphone listed for over $3000 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Inflated Prices

maybe an out of stock item?   Some sellers inflate their price to hold their place in best match

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

what is the item number or full title of listing?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

This is the item number 182273190240

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

The item has 78 watchers so probably O.O.S. as mentioned so they lose watchers and place in the search queue.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

I've seen overpriced items like this many times. Chances are the watchers are watching to see if anyone would actually buy it, and guess what?  Sooner or later, someone probably will.  I have seen this sort of thing happen over and over to my total bewilderment.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

Glad someone said something! One particular seller buys her goods from Bunnings and then lists them here for rediculous prices. For example - Decor8 stone mosaic tiles (one of Bunnings exclusive brands) are around $10.50 at the store but are listed here for over $80. Her ad reads "pack of 8 tiles" so I wrote to double-check and she was quite rude when I thanked her for the reply but opted to buy it from bunnings 8 times cheaper! I noted Bunnings now have an Ebay store and the "Best Price" guarantee should slow her down.... one would think 😉

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

It will only slow her down if a buyer actually knows it is a Bunnings line.

I suppose she must get some people who just browse and buy although i agree with you that if you paid that and then found the same item 8 times cheaper, you wouldn't be overly impressed. Leaves a bad feeling in the mouth.

A bit dearer is okay, that sort of thing happens all the time with price variations. But not by that much usually.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

There is no use whinging if you see something that's not right, just move on,you can't do anything about it and if you do then

the seller will report you for abuse.

Sellers can sell for what ever price they want to and what ever items they want to.

There are many more items that are selling for up to 1000% of their value as that's the name of the game and it's buyer beware so do your research.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Inflated Prices

new0909
Community Member
Can those sellers be reported? I heard they pulled a whole lot of these types of posts off amazon and eBay in the USA.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply