combined postage

Why oh why do sellers have to manually alter their settings to allow combined postage? So many times I have gone to request a total only to be told  ''The seller does not offer combined postage discounts.The seller has disallowed combined payments and postage discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase''. 

They are usually people who are fairly new to selling & don't realise this. Nobody in their right mind would 'disallow' combined postage so why is automatically set to this? It is not an easy task to figure out how to change your settings either.

Rant over 😞

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

combined postage

There could be several reasons -

The seller has automatic payment enabled.

The seller doesn't want to combine postage.

The buyer is using the app. The app doesn't allow combined postage.

Most likely, eBay has set listings so that combining is impossible. This seems to have happened to me. I do not have auto payment enabled, and am quite happy to do the best deal possible on postage, but eBay don't give the buyers the option of asking for it. If buyers contact me, I do a listing for what they want, with the appropriate postage, and they purchase that.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

Thanks Davewil, one seller (of 2 I have encountered with this today) has given me a combined quote but can't figure how to send me an invoice. I have sent him links to the instructions but have not heard back.

I did speak to eBay about this last year & they said it's not automatically no combined postage because that would be silly! I gave up.

Here's the link if anyone is curious but I'm sure you are all very experienced & have already done this. 🙂 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-rates/offering-combined-shipping?id=416...

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

some buyers also have 'automatic payment' set up, without realising that by doing that they have to 'pay as they go'
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

Very frustrating for sure.

This bit of the message cracks me up: Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

I don't know about other buyers but if there's no combined postage I delete everything in the cart and proceed to a new seller.

Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

I am a seller & have everything in place for combined postage, but there are various reasons why buyers can't always get a combined postage invoice - they are using their mobile phones is one.

Most of my buyers just contact me & I sort the issue - usually by putting all thier items in the one listing with correct postage.  They buy & only have to make the one payment.  So if it's something you really want just do this - 9 times out of 10 it's not the sellers fault.  

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

Yes, buyers should contact sellers first. mny sellers are happy to sort combined postage if you ask them first.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

@lynne8221 wrote:

I am a seller & have everything in place for combined postage, but there are various reasons why buyers can't always get a combined postage invoice - they are using their mobile phones is one.

Most of my buyers just contact me & I sort the issue - usually by putting all thier items in the one listing with correct postage.  They buy & only have to make the one payment.  So if it's something you really want just do this - 9 times out of 10 it's not the sellers fault.  

I don't have a mobile phone.  I use a computer.  If I want something bad enough I will contact the seller, but I also read all the notes on the listings (brief as they seem to be getting these days) and I read the feedback and take note of the stars.  If postage is an issue I think about it first.

My experience with no combined postage lately has been sellers who don't know how to change things.  I'm a buyer, never a seller and I can't help them fix this issue.  So it has got to the stage where sometimes I don't feel inclined to go through the messages merry-go-round unless either the item can't be found elsewhere or the seller actually says under Postage (send message to seller) that they will combine postage.  I figure if they say so, they'll know what to do.

Frankly I already have enough angst trying to work out what each seller means by 'Standard Postage (Standard Delivery).  Sadly that alone is interpreted in wildly different ways.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

As a seller, I DO NOT have immediate payment required ticked. My settings are set where I accept combined postage. Yet, no matter what buyers do, they are forced into immediate payment for BIN items. When buyers have contacted me, I have mentioned the steps they might need to take in their settings, but they still can't bypass immediate payment.

So, I do what Dave does. If they contact me prior to buying, I get them to tell me which items they want, and I'll edit a listing to include all the items. 

It used to be that if a buyer added items to their cart, they could request a total, but even that isn't working for me these days. It's a turn off for some buyers, and I feel I am missing out on sales because of eBay implementing this.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

combined postage

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

................and I feel I am missing out on sales because of eBay implementing this.

Tippy, I've gone though the same thing as a buyer, eBay has made it almost impossible for sellers to make sure that combined postage is an easy thing for them to do.

I've bought from sellers and have had to wait until they can  update an invoice for me, or refund postage.

Bull$hit, for a supposedly top of the range company that has IT "experts" that can only stuff things up that were not broken in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I will still use eBay, but I do use other on-line platforms simply because they are  sometimes easier to work with than eBay.

Nuff said..........................

Spoiler
.....................paccies are very intelligent......................more so than ducks apparently................original.gif
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Nope, nuthin' there either.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply