Is it normal for paypal to immediately escalate a dispute to a claim?

I rang paypal about the bedspread I purchased mentioned in my other recent thread, and have lodged what I thought was an item not as described dispute so I could return it through the correct means, but I just received the email from paypal saying it has been immediately escalated to a claim, and the CSO has written something about the seller not responding to me - "seller not responding filing case for none", which I clearly told her is not true. What do I do to fix this, or is it now out of my hands?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

just guessing here, but I'd say the Seller has escalated to claim so that your return it to her for a full refund.

dont think she's really interested in a ''partial'' refund

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Nah, she knew nothing about it, and she had already offered me a partial refund in any case. Paypal did it immediately after I rang them, so I guess they felt no idea to delay the process. It's all sorted now, and I will be posting the item back to the seller on Monday for a full refund.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Why do you want a partial refund? It the thing is stained and you don't know if the stains can be removed, why would you want it?

Can't you just return it for a full refund?

Edited after I read your last post. The best thing to do for you and she.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Usually pays to read the entire thread first.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply