Is seller violating policy not telling ebay have paid for item. Leaving item as unpaid, wen have.

buyingandsellingmandy
Community Member

I paid for item by direct debit, seller was very pushy bout instant payment. Had to be NOW. Sent copy of receipt via text message to his phone. Found seller very evasive, rude, arrogant wen i asked too many question about the item for sale after i had paid. Got my item in box, some of the contents he gave me, 2 pieces of contents were not there in the box. Questioned y give me some but not the rest. Wasnt logical or rational. Every question i asked was met with, how is that relevant, or, im within ebay guidelines, or how do u know i have those extra contents. Kept my cool through all of it. Was really hard to hav a proper conversation. This has never happened to me b4. All sellers i have met on ebay have been respectful towards me. This was nothing like respectful, the complete opposite. Was not used to this type of wat ever u call it dialog with a seller. Was a bit concerned about the manipulation i was getting involved in. It was not normal, far from it. I found there was something wrong, i became concerned the way the seller was acting. I found a very dark personality, almost twisted. I was answering his questions, but after the last, how is that relevant, i decided this game was over and asked if he was ok. His response, r u a retard? I looked at wat i was reading, then, after a pause, i wrote, no, yr not ok. Wat he text back to me was shocking, i was stunned. His reply, So would you just "F" off d-umb "C". Hav all proof on my phone, not going to upload a picture of it. Im still in shock. To make matters worse, he is not telling ebay i have paid for the item. So ebay think i havnt paid, wen i have. Told customer support to look at all my sent messages. Photos of receipt from bank i sent to him. Have reported him, have reported i have paid for item. Question, is seller violating any ebay policies by not telling ebay i have paid for item. Coz if he is, i can notify him of that. I have already asked him to tell ebay, but, its not happening, if he is violating any rulles by not notifying them, i can tell him that, and maybe he will tell ebay. Would appreciate all responses

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Is seller violating policy not telling ebay have paid for item. Leaving item as unpaid, wen have

I came to this community for help. Lots have helped.

A seller like that one should not be operating on ebay full stop.

I hope you now understand that.

Message 71 of 77
Latest reply

Re: Is seller violating policy not telling ebay have paid for item. Leaving item as unpaid, wen have

I don't. Nor do I particularly care. Take it up with eBay. I doubt many of us are interested in blow-by-blow descriptions of your failed attempts at what you would think to be a satisfactory resolution.

You stated MANY posts ago - case closed.

Then you decided to slag off at other posters, albeit conveniently replying to yourself.

My points are self-explanatory.

And your assumptions pre-sale remain exactly that. Assumptions.

Message 72 of 77
Latest reply

Thats fine.

If u dont understand, thats ok.

No problem.

I clearly note wat yr trying to get across.

Yr angry. I get that.

Thought explaing myself would help.

Hasnt.

I didnt see yr notes coz they were on the next page.

Otherwise i would of seen them straight away.

Think you need some down time to cool off a bit.

Message 73 of 77
Latest reply

Sorry bout the mix up. I thought spring was talking about you.

I tried to explain that will only b contacting the seller involved.

But, ive had very negative responses from someone from the beginning who im going to ignore from now on.

No matter what i wrote, very negative and intimidating.

Coming to this community hasnt been a good experience if someone keeps putting you down all the time.

Over and over. U can ignore it sometimes, but not al the time.

Some people have been helpful, but a consistant negative response all the time is not.

I really made a mistake coming here, i see that now.

For those that have been helpful, im very grateful.

But the one that is so negative, negative, negative non stop is a real put off.

Im sick of these responses, because i dont deserve them.

If u cant express yr journey thru a difficult time, without being put down all the time, whats the point of being here.

I dont know what the problem is with this person.

Just took a dislike to me from the beginning.

Sure, ive made mistakes, coz im not perfect, but this person expects me to be.

Even explaining myself, is worth nothing.

To the negative responder, you will be happy im not coming back for another serve of yr anger and negativity.

Just had enuf.

Message 74 of 77
Latest reply

You shouldn't feel you can't come back to the boards.

It is hard if you feel you have people unjustly against you but it is still worth browsing this forum as the people here have a lot of information about how things work on ebay and you'll find it interesting once you start reading other threads. It will take any pressure off you, too.

I am sorry my other post wasn't clear. Sometimes I slip into using acronyms on the forum because it is faster and I am not a great typist. I end up having to edit nearly every post as I am always making mistakes, although some I just let go. But of course, although regulars know what I am referring to, new people might not.

DG just stands for Digital Ghost. All I meant in my post was I thought her information was very interesting and worth noting.

Goof luck with your case. Yes, as you say, when dealing with an issue, just keep it to the facts and seller involved etc. Ebay only needs information, they don't need to know your sources.Smiley Happy

I guess this has been a learning experience for you. It's great that up till now, you've struck good sellers, even with direct deposit, but in future, it is worth sticking to paypal or something similar as it takes a lot of the stress out of proving payment etc

Message 75 of 77
Latest reply

Its only one person and their negative responses and put downs. Not going to put up with anymore.

To be honest, this person reminds me of a troll.

Because it didnt matter what i said, or, how i expressed it, i received very negative responses and put downs. All the time.

This person reminds me of an angry, 16 yr old teenager, who cannot control their own negativity.

I became their target, and it didnt stop. I ignored all of it til the end.

They know who they are.

Two words to that person....

GROW UP.

Only adults should live here.

See ya.

To you, spring, thats what i like to call you, thanks.

Message 76 of 77
Latest reply

Its ok spring, other people understood the mistake, and i apologized to Digital Ghost. They understood.

Its just a simple error that was fixed.

Someone else grabbed the opportunity to be as nasty as they could be.

Everyone makes mistakes.

This person needs a lesson in being human, obviously.

Message 77 of 77
Latest reply