Is there a feedback on Ebay itself ??? This GSP is a ridiculous rip off just to begin with...

Having a really bad experiences when sellers can't combine shipping because GSP system does not allow them to have any input, adjustments, corrections etc. Not mention one can't get a kitchen cutlery through because, horror or horrors, it can contain a knife.

Which is all very cute but result sums (expensive AND difficult) is I'll rather buy from UK than US.    Cheers, Paul,  Sydney..

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is there a feedback on Ebay itself ??? This GSP is a ridiculous rip off just to begin with...

U.S. sellers do not always know they can opt out of the GSP.

they can send your items directly, if they choose to do so.

it is worth asking, if you really want something, bu do not want the dreaded GSP.

Best to ask before bidding or buying.

at the bottom of the page, there is a tell us what you think link. You can use it to tell eBay what you think of the GSP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi, yes that's true US sellers don't seem to know exactly what they can & can't do with shipping. I recently contacted a buyer who had GSP listed & for a handful of film cells it quoted $30 (totally ridiculous), however within their listing they stated shipping to Aus was $2.95. I contacted them to ask if I purchased more than 1 set of cells what the cost would be, the answer $2.95 up to 10 listings of film cells (these would have still fit in a standard envelope). I told them what I would be purchasing & went ahead & bought & to my horror the shipping total was $81 not the $2.95 I was quoted. I contacted the seller & requested a new invoice reflecting what we had agreed, but no he couldn't do this as the seller has no control over an invoice when GSP is used. Even worse the seller wanted me to pay this but as he couldn't refund the difference I politely refused. I contacted ebay over this & they explained that combined shipping was not available & that since the seller didn't untick the GSP box that the only way out of this was to cancel the transaction which is what we did. I still wanted to purchase the cells but unfortunately the whole scenario had been a bit too much for the seller & they wouldn't list the items I wanted in a listing just for me. The outcome, the seller lost a sale & I lost out on not being able to buy what I wanted.

The lesson learnt here is when now dealing with a US seller make sure they understand to untick the GSP box before bidding or BIN.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Re: Is there a feedback on Ebay itself ???

Oh if only.....

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply