Is there a time limit for lodging a dispute?

Hi, Three weeks I bought and paid for some items and have not received them. A week ago I notified the Seller who then said

She'd send a second batch - still no items!  I feel like the Seller is stringing me out for some reason, is there a cut-off time for

lodging a dispute?

Thanks in advance,

Rob 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Yes - 45 days from the date of (PayPal) payment.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Go to resolution centre and lodge a dispute ie have not received items.If seller cannot prove they have posted items and you paid through PayPal you should get a full refund.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Where do the items have to come from?

Three weeks is not long for the payment to clear, the item to be packed, dispatched and delivered, especially if it has to come from overseas.

Not many sellers would agree to send replacements after just 2 weeks and a week for replacements to arrive is a bit unfair IMO.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Robbo, you can start a dispute at any time. If the item/s have not arrived on day 44 after you paid, escalate the dispute to a claim on day 45. Do not let the seller string you along until after day 45 or will miss the boat.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

bsal as long as the dispute is opened before the 45th day you can wait up to 20 days to escalate to a claim, effectively giving the item 65 days to arrive.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Lyndal, is there then a minimum time BEFORE? I would assume there would have to be but not sure.

You seem to be very knowledgable on all things ebay so heres a question for you.

Can an item have two disputes eg I raise dispute for a INR and then escalate it to a claim on day 45, 20days later it arrives. Obviously the INR claim is closed as the item has arrived. BUT it arrived all smashed up or not as described.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

Can an item have two disputes eg I raise dispute for a INR and then escalate it to a claim on day 45, 20days later it arrives. Obviously the INR claim is closed as the item has arrived. BUT it arrived all smashed up or not as described.

If an item arrives while an INR dispute is open, it can be changed to a SNAD dispute (but nor the other way around). If a dispute is closed, it can't be re-opened unless a special request is granted. 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

As far as I know there is no minimum time before you can open a dispute.  For example, if ebay removes a listing 5 minutes after you have paid you can open a dispute at once.  It is possible that you will not be able to open a dispute with a power seller immediately....I only say this because you cannot leave negative feedback for a powerseller for 7 days but I have never tried so do not know for sure.

If you have opened a dispute for INR and the item arrives, you do not close the dispute...there is an option to change it to Not As Described, but it will not work if you have closed the dispute.

If the dispute has already been escalated you will have to contact paypal to do it for you as you cannot do anything with the dispute once it is in paypal hands.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks, just interested thats all. You are very knowledgable indeed.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply