Is there anway to report a seller besides the buyer protection?

pue3
Community Member

Hello,

This is my first bad experience on ebay after being a regular user since 2004.  I bought a silicone halloween mask from a seller.  He told me it will be a while because he has to make it from scratch as he makes them custom ordered.  I had actually bought two masks from him before so I chose to trust him.  As time went past, he kept me informed until the 45 day buyer protection had passed.  He still kept in contact.  22 days ago he told me it was finished and he would be sending it, that was the last I've heard from him.

I've sent him multiple messages yet am ignored, despite him adding more items for sale.

I doubt I'll get my money back, but is there anyway I can inform ebay?  I cannot leave feedback either as that has now vanished too.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you funded the payment by CC, you can see if they do a chargeback.  If it is a lot of money you can tell the seller you are reporting them to police for fraud.

There is nothing much eBay can do now; they give the tools to deal weith such a situations, if you let the deadline slide. then they are not interested.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay is a hollow group that accepts no risk and cannot help anyone really because they don't want to.

My experience was that I complained received a lot of gobbeldy gook, tried to sort it out with their recomendations which didn't work and when I tried to re-complain was told that my complaint was already attended to which of course was garbage. The Amenrican company has my money and I have no goods and Ebay still allows them to trade.

If you use Ebay, make sure that you only use 'Throw away money' and just chalk up your losses to experience, you win some, you lose some.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay is a hollow group that accepts no risk and cannot help anyone really because they don't want to.

eBay is just an advertising medium that brings brings sellers and buyers together.  They have no legal powers over people who advertise here.  If you have a problem with something you bought from newspaper, would you also expect the newspaper to do something?

As I said above, if you used the tools eBay gives you, you would have got your money back.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

As super said, you have the tools at your disposal, if you let the time pass eBay can not be held accountable. If you don't receive a payment(as a seller) or an item (as a buyer) open a dispute. If you fail to do that, the only person you have hurt is you, and sadly the only person to blame is ........you

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

pue3
Community Member

I have just received a reply from him now after sending one more message asking what the deal is.  Item should be shipped this week apparently.  I don't know, fingers crossed I guess.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

pue3, If you don't see anything soon, get the sellers phone number and giving him a call might shock him into action.

In my ebay summary page, select advanced search.

In the left margin, select find contact information and follow the prompts.

You will be emailed their details and they get yours. 😉

image host
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Usually if you go to a seller's page there is a link "Report this page", but I think it is only if all the items a seller sells are forbidden, fake or something like that, not for individual cases....

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I don't know how much clearer ebay and Paypal can make it.

All payment methods except Paypal clearly state on the payments page that they carry no buyer protection.

When you go to make a Paypal payment it tells you very clearly that you have up to 45 days to open a dispute.

I would be too embarassed to come here and let anyone know I was incapable of reading such simple wording.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply