Is there any way to adjust a return request

Hey guys,

I puchased some beautiful pots and unfortunatley the surface in the bottom on one of them is chipped or had a reaction after first use so  put in a request for a partial refund. Thinking it was just that pot reassuring that the fry pan was ok and it has been. Used it for the 6th time this morning and the same thing is starting to happen its not chipped but there is some sort of reaction in the base of the pan. Check out the other pots that are unused as of yet, one of the smaller pots have a white mark on that I'm concerned may be doing the same thing. Can I adjust the return request? How do I handle this? Or do I close it and reopen with paypal and all the photos? 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have contacted the seller with some more photos. Hopefully we have a reasonable resolution 🙂
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Do not close the return request, because it can't be reopened. If the seller accepts the return, then you have to send all the items back. Return requests don't allow for partial refunds. It's all or nothing.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

What sort of pots are they? What are you cooking in them? What utensils are you using with them? How are you washing them?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks! Tazzie I have done nothing to the pot. I cooked soup used a ladle it seems that when heat is applied there is a problem with the surface and impurity of the pot. It is a Barracat pot. I'm wondering if they are selling seconds in all honesty. There is no utensil that can cause the kind of damage in terms of spots and what appears to be a chip but its the surface coming off. I have washed it with washing up water so absolutley no fault on my part. They are faulty.

The fry pan has had more use and actually I did use a sponge scourer to check that the spots apearing there weren't anything else, of course that causes surface scratching as with any fry pan but that isn't the issue. There are spots appearing when heat is applied. The other small pot has not even been used but has impurities in the surfacing that I can see. They are either seconds passed off as new or they are a faulty batch. I have had my other pots from Kmart over 10 years!!! 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

So it's item #254569773041 - the Baccarat Gourmet Cookware Set 6 Piece. Given that those are stainless steel, it's unusual that there would be any sort of issue as it's not like there's any kind of coating to have an issue with, so maybe they are factory seconds..

It would also be worthwhile contacting Baccarat Australia directly with photos of the issue - you've purchased from an authorised reseller, so their 25 year warranty would apply. For direct warranty claims, Baccarat cover the cost of shipping (from what I read quickly on their site), and you'd only be returning the faulty items, rather than being required to ship everything back as per an eBay return case. And you might get better service dealing with the manufacturer too, given that it's their own product seemingly at fault.

Either way, it's nice to have choices, so keep the eBay return request open (you can close it at any point before actually posting the items back), and see what Baccarat themselves say.

Also, it's worth noting that the retailer you purchased from has an absolutely atrocious eBay record, especially given their sales volume - one in ten received feedback is negative. I personally wouldn't buy from a seller with that score - they're completely hopeless.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Tazzie appreciate your response. 🙂 I will follow up with your suggestions 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Definitely sounds like either seconds or faulty batch. I've had my stainless Baccarat pots since Christmas, and they have been absolutely caned to death. They still look as good as the day I bought them.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. The seller never responded but ebay has guided me through the return process for a refund and covered postage. Sent off this morning, so hopefully all is resolved before long. Now to go and find some new pots!!!! 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Glad it seems to be working out for you. I bought mine in-store from the same shop as you, and can't fault them. I wonder if they are actually selling seconds on the eBay site. It's a shame, because they are bloody good saucepans. I bought the 3 pot pack that came with the steamer. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply