Is there any way to put some sellers in a blacklist?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You are posting on the forum for ebay Australia here, so it might be different for ebay in your country

On Ebay Aus, people can add members to their blocked bidders list so that person cannot buy from them . As far as blacklisting a seller goes, one can avoid buying from that seller but I have not seen a 'blacklist' feature as such on here

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You can make your own list and check it before buying.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Except when a buyer is also a seller on the same ID which is a double whamy haha

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Naming and shaming is fast becoming against policy on many sites as the person naming someone is often wrong.

We have often found the namer to be totally incorrect or has misunderstood a situation so lucky that shaming is not allowed.

There is nothing worse than an innocent person being accused of something they didn't do.

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

There is nothing worse than an innocent person being accused of something they didn't do.

Tell that to ebay Woman Frustrated

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@pamgb1963 wrote:

Why?

Theoretically, it should not be up to us (buyers) to have to check some list before we buy. It's ebay's job to quickly kick off any seller that is scamming or consistently not up to scratch. I know sometimes what would be ideal and what in reality happens don't always match but I do think ebay does try.

If you really don't like a seller for some reason-maybe they didn't resolve a problem you had, maybe you were let down by the quality of their products, make you own blacklist. Hopefully it will be really short so you'll know the name or names on it anyway if you come across their ads again.

As far as I know, ebay has no facility for you to type in individual seller names to stop their ads showing or to  put in an auto block to stop you buying. My bet is that will never happen, they want people to buy.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

There used to be a way to block out certain sellers from your searches.  Under 'refinements' on the left hand side of the search page.

I was going to put up a screenie on how to do it, but on checking, it seems the way to do it 

has disappeared.

I have my searches bookmarked - complete with blocked sellers.   I never see them.

edit:  In case it's a glitch, here's how to block sellers from your search -

block sellers.JPG

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It's still appearing for me, imastawka, so I hope you've only experienced a momentary glitch.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

That's good then.

I don't need it.  I've set mine up, and saved as bookmarks.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply