# 302782364620

Just askin'

Cos it looks a tad risqué for ebay

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this acceptable because it's 'art'?

Presuming that you're asking purely from an eBay policy standpoint.... Doesn't seem like it, I mean, there could be some debate for how explicit the image is, but by and large, uh.. I dunno. I didn't look. 

What I mean is, I think in terms of the policy that could be deemed 'explicit'. 

Restricted
The following items may be listed if the item does not contain explicit nudity or sexual content:

• Playboy, Playgirl, and Penthouse merchandise such as calendars and clothing
  • Nude playing cards or trading cards

As an aside, eBay does have an Adults Only section for your more risqué items, and which has restricted access (and by restricted, in the info pages it says you need to agree to the T&Cs of the AO section before being granted access), but when I tried to access it, I just got a blank page. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Only if you use them for poker Cat Wink

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I agree, it would be classified as erotic and shouldn't be unclassified within general public.

The up side is eBay is only for 18+

(naughty bear)

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I agree, it would be classified as erotic and shouldn't be unclassified within general public.

The up side is eBay is only for 18+

(naughty bear)

Sure it is.  hmmm.gif

Bad, bad Bear

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

So all along, you are really under 18 ?

Pretty smart teenager if you ask me. 

image host
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Presuming that you're asking purely from an eBay policy standpoint.... Doesn't seem like it, I mean, there could be some debate for how explicit the image is, but by and large, uh.. I dunno. I didn't look. 

What I mean is, I think in terms of the policy that could be deemed 'explicit'. 

Restricted
The following items may be listed if the item does not contain explicit nudity or sexual content:

• Playboy, Playgirl, and Penthouse merchandise such as calendars and clothing
  • Nude playing cards or trading cards

As an aside, eBay does have an Adults Only section for your more risqué items, and which has restricted access (and by restricted, in the info pages it says you need to agree to the T&Cs of the AO section before being granted access), but when I tried to access it, I just got a blank page. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Yep, a bit risque but as Kopes is probably aware the Japanese Shunga sake cups and bottles often appear on eBay, and they are similar to this.     original.gif

Spoiler
Yes Kopes, I do have a couple of Shunga pieces....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Probaby a bit risqué, considering in a search for Barbie doll items up came an entry for something featuring naked ladies....with all the erm, bits blacked over, and these cards haven't been altered. 

But then again, the cards seem to be based on ancient pottery designs (which I remember seeing on SBS not so long ago) so it is art of a sort.

Doesn't bother me but others might not be happy.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

What's this shunga thing ? Shirimasen.

I know sake. Smiley Happy

If it's that famous erotic Japanese art, that's very detailed and once again should be kept behind closed doors.

image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

eye rub.gifMY eyes!!!   Just googled images for Shunga cups.

Bad Padi   smiley kick.gif

Having seen them (and wish I hadn't)  I think these are tame.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply