Item Pic not accurate

Hi all, I know I should have read the description more carefully, but was quickly looking through a list of certain items for auction, and came across something that I have been looking for, with about 8 seconds to go. I went on what the picture displayed as it was too late to read the description at the bottom of the page. The pic showed a set of 3 identical items, with one bid on them, so I went for it and won. Only after reading down the bottom of the page did I become aware that the auction was for one of the three items.

My gripe is this, why show a pic of three if the auction is for one item only, when you can easily show just the one and display the quantity available at the top in the little box? I thought that with used items, the seller had to show the actual pic of what you are bidding on, which in this case would be the three items from the set. Wasn't a lot of money, but now they have been relisted, showing the same pic, which is false, because one has been sold, to me.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Item Pic not accurate

It's probably not right to show a picture of three of them BUT the listing does clearly say it not they, he also says the other two are listed separately.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Item Pic not accurate

Yeah, that is very annoying and I find sellers who list that way see no problem.

It's the combination of pictures and description which show the actual item that is listed.

Another lesson for us all in reading all listings very very carefully, but I appreciate the limited time you had.

If you are looking for specific items, set up an alert so that whenever something similar is listed you will have plenty of time in future.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply