Item bought but not posted and seller not responding to msgs

katorab
Community Member

Hi,

I bought an item more than 10 days ago but the seller did not mark it as posted yet.

I contacted the seller twice but no response from their side. I just realized that some people left negative feedback to this seller because they bought items from them, and did not receive them and the seller not responding to their msgs.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Item bought but not posted and seller not responding to msgs

Answered in your post yesterday.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/I-bought-an-item-on-8th-May-and-still-did-not-receive...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

But then again item bought 10 days ago, should have been posted by now, unless the seller has unfortunate circumstances occurred preventing them from sending the item, we have set a 5 day handling time just to cover our butts in the event we cant send immediately, but normaly our items are sent the same day/

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@katorab wrote:

Hi,

I bought an item more than 10 days ago but the seller did not mark it as posted yet.

I contacted the seller twice but no response from their side.

was the item an automotive part?

Maybe the seller is just plain lazy and doesn't want to learn how to mark the item as posted.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Might have to wait for the thread on how to respond to a buyer Woman Wink

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

As mentioned in your question in the answer centre, find the item in your purchase history. In the dropdown on the right, select view order details. Have a look at what the ETA date is. Bear in mind that this date is only an ESTIMATE, it's not gospel. If it hasn't arrived a week after the last date, open a dispute in PayPal for item not received. The process is quicker than opening a dispute in eBay for this kind of issue.

Is the item coming from somewhere in Australia, or China?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

katorab wrote:

Hi,

I contacted the seller twice but no response from their side.

was the item an automotive part?

Maybe the seller is just plain lazy and doesn't want to learn how to mark the item as posted.

------------------------------------

Probably. But it is about time they learnt or suffered the consequences.

The facility is there for a reason. It's part of a seller's communication.

If an item isn't marked as sent, then why would any buyer think it had been? It just makes a buyer a bit anxious.

I once used to drastically mark down the communication stars for any seller who sent without marking it as such. I mainly did that because I didn't have communication with most sellers so didn't know what else to base it on.

In the present case-not marked as sent, no responses to direct contact: Personally, I doubt it has been sent. Don't let them mess you around any more, open a dispute. See if that gets any response. If it doesn't, at least you might get money back, which is the main thing.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply