Item marked as delivered but never arrived

Hi All ๐Ÿ™‚ I purchased a handbag and it's been marked as delvered on Monday but it did not arrive with my Monday parcels. It's still not here yet. I called AusPost and they told me to tell the sender to call them. The seller told me she spoke with them and that I can do it. I called back, and of course because I don't have her personal details she needs to do it. Yet again, she's told me I need to do it. Just called AusPost and they said they can't. 

What rights do I have here if the seller won't open an enquiry? What should I say to her? I feel like she's trying to push this issue away... 

She posted via Prepaid satchel with tracking. It was a $120 handbag and I can't really afford to lose that money. 

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Hi there 

Would the further information provided be in the Paypal case? She's stated that it was an eParcel (which it wasn't) in Paypal.

In the eBay messages to me she said she doesn't have the receipt from Parramatta Post Shop. She kept repeating "What more can I do" even when I asked for her personal details so I can log an online case as the buyer into the investigation. At all points she's refused to provide me with any help. 

I'm not sure what more she provided to paypal and there is nothing in the case othan than this line from her "The proof odd delivery is in the tracking it was sent to Bayswater what more can I do"

Also, I think it's a little strange that regular post went from Parramatta to Victoria overnight.... 

I'm going to stand by my feedback. This seller has been nothing but a block in trying to get this matter resolved. I could leave the feedback to something worse about her customer service skills but I thought i'd keep it factual. If she want's to have it removed, that's fine.  

Message 11 of 42
Latest reply

@knine-1 wrote:

Leaving negative feedback for sellers who have won Paypal claims doesn't comply with eBay's feedback policy which the seller can have removed. Seems that some need to learn the rules?

Would you be able to show me where in the policy is says this? 

All I can see is that I can't mention the dispute (which I didn't) and that if there is proof of delivery, I'm unable to say it hasn't been delivered. Considering the parcel was scanned and delivered 1 suburb over, I don't consider this proof of delivery. 

I couldn't care less about what people think about the feedback I left considering i'm out $100+. The seller stopped responding to my messages some time ago and I think she deserved much worse. 

Message 12 of 42
Latest reply

Excuse me, but the delivery receipt said Bayswater and that is your suburb address not the next suburb over.

I did not say that I did not have the receipt, I had the lodgement receipt which I also keep with the order details of where I posted to.. You confirmed the address I sent it too.

Also the item was delivered over a weekend which is why the delivery was so fast.

Plus with an item with tracking which said it was delivered on Monday at 9.20, why would you wait til Thursday at 11.00am to start complaining about not receiving your item? Why wouldn't you be complaining straight away?

Also you seem to have a vendetta against me,  I tried ringing Australia Post three times and they said that as the item was delivered in the tracking, that it was a problem with your end and that you need to Lodge the claim,  I could not do it only the receiver could Lodge the claim/query. Now either the three people I spoke to are lying at Australia Post or you are. I tried my best to resolve the issue but my hands are tied.

There seem to be a few holes in your story on what you have written here.That is my side of the story I only state facts. 

Message 13 of 42
Latest reply

Wow - I dont think this is appropriate to discuss on here anymore - I will call Paypal today - Thank you everyone for your input.
Message 14 of 42
Latest reply

Australia Post require the sender to lodge a missing parcel investigation even if it is tracked as delivered. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Australia Post sometimes give incorrect information regarding this, however it is easily to verify online that it is the sender that must request an investigation.

Regardless of who said or did what I would be very cross if a seller I purchased did not ensure that Australia Post was not held to some account for misdelivery of goods. As a seller re missing a parcel I request an AP investigation and give my authorisation for a buyer to make enquiries on its progress.
Message 15 of 42
Latest reply

As your seller appears to be less than helpful or truthful in relation to lodging a missing parcel complaint, if you have no success with Paypal, your next step should be to lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service at www.fos.org.au

Message 16 of 42
Latest reply

knine-1
Community Member

I couldn't care less about what people think about the feedback I left considering i'm out $100+. The seller stopped responding to my messages some time ago and I think she deserved much worse. 

Unless you have proof that the seller didn't send your item or you can nominate an incorrect address that the item was sent in error and retrieve it as evidence, the fault lays with Australia Post not the seller. The terms and conditions of sale is that the seller shall deliver to the post office addressed to you and if there is no eveidence that the sellers didn't filfill the contract, there is no legal recovery from the seller for loss in transit. The loss remains entirely the responsibity of Australia Post.

Message 17 of 42
Latest reply

knine-1
Community Member

Australia Post require the sender to lodge a missing parcel investigation even if it is tracked as delivered. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Australia Post sometimes give incorrect information regarding this, however it is easily to verify online that it is the sender that must request an investigation.

No, that's incorrect. Section 19 of the Australia Post Terms and Conditions provides eligibility for an "applicant" to initiate an investigation for a missing parcel which inlcudes the addressee. When a parcel is scanned as delivered, Australia Post don't recognise the parcel as missing and will often require the addressee provide some information given that non delivery is their claim, that is the sender wouldn't know if it's true, false or indifferent.

Section 77 requires only the sender to lodge a compensation claim for a missing parcel due to the sender holding the contract for the delivery service which is alleged to have failed. A compensation claim cannot be lodged until an item is declared missing from result of investigation.  

Message 18 of 42
Latest reply

knine-1
Community Member

Also you seem to have a vendetta against me,

It's always the sellers fault as most victims of postal error are in denial that Australia Post have a horrid reputation for negligent delivery practices in belief that it couldn't happen to them, so by default the seller has ripped 'em off whilst the perpertrator who messed the delivery up (Auspost) again emerges as the innocent party. What else the buyer's don't know is that Australia Post's priority in investigation is to make sure they free themselves from a negligent delivery claim and in fact they couldn't care less aside from apologetic lip service if the buyer's item is recovered of not.

Message 19 of 42
Latest reply

May I also add to that, just in case anyone missed the thread about it, that last week or so? I was told by Australian Post Representative that no contract existed because no one signed anything when they paid for postage and gave them the parcel? This was after them telling me that because they couldn't be bothered to do their job and deliver the parcel to me as they were cointracted to do, that they would just send the parcel back to the seller as "Return to Sender", so that the seller could then pay to have the parcel delivered again,

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 20 of 42
Latest reply