Item not received, almost 90 days later

Hello,

First time posting on the forum here. I have purchased many things on eBay here and never had a problem, except for this particular purchase. I purchased the item on 28/05/14. I am in Australia and the seller is in the Netherlands. After almost a month of not receiving the item I contacted the seller and asked if he had a tracking #. He said he did and would provide it to me. He came back to me and said the item was sent back due to 'invalid address'. I found this hard to believe as I had used the same address to purchase other items from eBay and elsewhere and always received the item. I asked again for the tracking # and the address on the box and he never got back to me again. I had send him numerous messages and would get one of those automated replies stating he is away due to certain matters, but all items are still being shipped and so on and so on. I recently sent him two more messages and now I'm not getting anything at all, so at this point I'm obviously not going to get my item nor does it appear I will get my money back. Oddly enough the seller has 100% feedback and a feedback score of 1108. I see here that eBay and PayPal don't offer any support or protect for the buyer if the issue is longer than 45 days? I am out of luck or do I need to get the police involved? I paid via PayPal so I'm not even sure my bank can help me (ANZ Bank)? Any ideas? Also, the seller is <REMOVED> I’d be interested to know if anyone else never received their item and was given excuses. Thank you.

Mike

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Item not received, almost 90 days later

Mike if you had opened your dispute in Paypal before the 45 day deadline, then you would have had a further 20 days to escalate the dispute to a CLAIM, and would have gotten your money back if the seller could not prove sent with tracking

65 days is time enough for any parcel to arrive.   he's prob. just been stalling you until the 45days were up.

if you funded yr paypal payment with a c/card you may be able to contact your bank about a reversal, but most banks only allow about 60days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Item not received, almost 90 days later

The seller has good reveiws I would keep trying to comunicate with them. I had a problem once with a seller nothing you can do after the 45 days. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply