Item not sent

lea-53_7
Community Member

I bought a water-feature bird bath for $139.57 on 13/10/2023

The order number is: 22-10646-72884

I used another computer than my primary one and logged in as a guest.

The order shows up on my phone though

I used zippay to buy the item

The seller is constantly on holiday and keeps updating saying he will be away for longer and longer

He is now meant to be back from holidays but refuses to answer my messages

eBay does not help because my order doesn't show on this computer, even if I give them all the details

eBay says I just need to keep waiting even though my item has not been sent

eBay says that my item is due on the 8th, even though it as not been sent

The only thing that it shows is that my item has been purchased.

Does this mean I lose $139.57 out of my own pocket?

How do I get help with this issue?

How can I take legal action if I'm continuing to be ignored by eBay and the seller?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Item not sent

If you bought on 13 Oct, was the estimated due date 8th Nov?

That would seem to be what ebay is saying?

It is not your worry as to when the seller sends it. All you need to do is watch out that it arrives by the due date.

You can't do much till 8th Nov, if that is the estimated arrival date. Once that date has passed, if your item has not arrived, you will need to open an ebay claim for item not received. You may have to do it on your phone, I am not sure. But through the account you used to buy it.

Make sure you follow up with it. Don't close the claim even if the seller says he is sending it. Get your refund.

You don't need to go throughh legal channels or even contact the seller again. Go through ebay.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

What was the estimated delivery date when you bought it?

Was the seller on holiday when you bought it? (yellow banner on their page saying 'away until')

As mentioned, you can't open a dispute etc until after the estimated delivery date that was shown to you when buying

And no, you can't 'take legal action against eBay'  you use the tools given to you (and all buyers, even when they buy as a guest)  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

If you need eBay's help after 8th, then use the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/returning-item/returni...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

I don't get how people can buy as a guest when they have an active account. I have never been given the option of buying as a guest. How do you even do that? More importantly, when you have an active account, WHY would you even consider buying as a guest? It makes no sense.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

I think it happens when people sign in through Facebook or Google (or something........) and not directly into their account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

I don't get how people can buy as a guest when they have an active account. I have never been given the option of buying as a guest. How do you even do that? More importantly, when you have an active account, WHY would you even consider buying as a guest? It makes no sense.

If they are using a different computer or not signed in you can do it.

As to the why, well who knows.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Item not sent

@sugar249 wrote:

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

If they are using a different computer or not signed in you can do it.

As to the why, well who knows.

I have searched for things while logged out, usually because I've cleared out my cache and get auto logged out. I've seen something I want to buy, click to buy and am prompted to log in. That is the only option I have. In all my years, I've never seen the option to buy as a guest, just the log in page. Not that I ever would!

Sadly, where I work, sites like ebay are blocked, so I can't even try there to see if the option appears. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply