Item received not item advertised.

Ordered a belt, (from China), mainly because of the buckle I liked.

As soon as I hit "Buy it Now" & paid, the photo changed to a differeant buckle.

Just a glitch I told myself, however, when the belt arrived, sure enough it came with the 2nd buckle, which has the makers name & symbol imprinted into the metal, whereas the one shown in the listing didn't. 

I emailed the seller through the ebay system, (return item). They couldn't understand why I was upset. There were several emails back & forth where they continually said, "Why are you not happy, the belt still works the same, the use of it is nor affected."

I kept telling them that it was not the buckle I ordered. They were obviously terrified of having to pay the return postage. They still have the same listing on ebay showing the un-monogrammed buckle, but also the marked one, however the main pic in the listing still shows the unmarked buckle.

They finally agreed to post me the correct buckle, (it attaches to the belt by a screw). They've now asked me to cancel the return request, so I've said I'll do that as soon as I receive the correct buckle.

No more China buying for me.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I would give it a week at most to arrive (they should pay for expedited shipping if they don't want a problem) and if nothing has arrived ask ebay to step in. The seller will then either have to refund or provide the cost of return.

Most Chinese sellers just refund and don't bother with a return as most things cost very little to manufacture.

I would also leave them a neg if nothing after a week.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I had a look at the listing, and did note that the main gallery image doesn't show any branding on the buckle (an inadvisable practice in any case).

But, I also cycled through all 15 selectable variations, and none of them had the plain, un-monogrammed buckle (i.e. as soon as I selected colour, the image immediately changes to one with a monogram, and doesn't change at all according to length selected). 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No more China buying for me.

good choice .

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

i'm allways amused at the 'i'll never buy from china again' statement after something goes wrong with a purchase from china.

no one ever says 'i'll never buy from the UK again' or 'i'll never buy from the USA again' when an item either doesnt turn up or is not as described from there.

yes, there are some problems at times buying from china but it also happens everywhere.

with online shopping you are allways open for a dodgy dealer regardless of country you buy from, even australia.

i buy from china a lot, had a few items with problems, but wont stop buying just because a couple of sellers did the wrong thing.

99% the ebay/paypal system fixes my problems so i'm not out of pocket.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

In that case you've been very lucky. This is the end of a long China line for me, not only on ebay. I've also banned a couple of other countries from my buying list over the years. To be honest. I don't deal much on ebay nowadays at all, there are much better sites in many ways.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I agree David. I've bought LOTS of things from China over the years. 2 didn't arrive and a message to the seller saw me get a refund. One turned up months later so I repayed them. One item arrived broken beyond repair. I sent the seller a message and I got an instant refund. I've never had to open a dispute against any Chinese sellers. In fact, majority bend over backwards to help you and will often just refund to keep their reputation.

Of course there are plenty of dodgy ones who will string you out so you can't make a claim through eBay or leave feedback. I think the difference between those sellers and my sellers is, my sellers are all high turnover sellers with 100% or 99.9% feedback. There are plenty of sellers I wouldn't buy from in China. There are plenty of sellers in other countries I wouldn't buy from either.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I wouldn't even say this seller is dodgy. If the picture didn't change when the variation was selected but did change as soon as bought and paid, it means the correct product image was uploaded to that variation.

It also means that an ebay glitch did indeed occur, and now the seller is paying for it.

Maybe, if something like this happens again, it would be a good idea to confirm the product details rather than waiting to see whay arrives and opening disputes if it's not as expected.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Still no buckle, so I've just told the seller if it has not arrived by next Fri 23rd, I will continue the "return item" claim. Ebay said I'm able to continue the case any time up to 18/01/17.

The seller claims to have posted it on the 4th Inst, however, there's no tracking number given. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply