Item says shipped, no tracking. (International Order)

I'm from America and ordered something from Australia, last week on Wednesday. Seller shipped it Monday, 2 PM AWST. However there is no tracking provided. I know this is common in Australia, but is it common for International orders? Order Number is: 16-09569-46848, Item Number is: 374369682232.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

No, it's not common for parcels here not to have tracking, only letters.

That item number doesn't show any results, maybe you have a number wrong perhaps.

Sometimes sellers don't upload the tracking, so you need to contact them to find out what's happening.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374369682232 

I bought it on the .com domain.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

OK, I see it now. Maybe it's possible that it's been sent by letter post from here to the US, which wouldn't have tracking, or the seller hasn't uploaded the tracking.

As I said before, contact the seller and see what they say. Come back here if you have more questions.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Seller is contacted. Sent a couple messages yesterday and the day before. I'll be patient for the response. Anyway, how would eBay know if the parcel was delivered if it was sent via Letter Post?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@stitch2002 wrote:

Anyway, how would eBay know if the parcel was delivered if it was sent via Letter Post?

Simple answer, they wouldn't.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Sometimes smaller items might be sent in an envelope, without tracking.

I guess it depends on the price of the item. I received 2 small, untracked items from USA this way a couple of years back. There were no problems, they both arrived without any dramas.

I can't see what you bought. I tried the item number. Usually more expensive items would be sent with tracking. Within Australia, whenever I have sent a parcel, it has always come with tracking. Internationally though, not necessarily. It is a little bit more expensive to send a parcel overseas with tracking .

Hopefully though, you'll get a reply soon from your seller to let you know what is going on.

Just keep in mind that tracking is not your worry. It is the seller's worry. You have bought an item and I presume US ebay is like here, in that it will have given you an estimated date range for delivery.

That's the main thing you need to concentrate on-the delivery dates.

If the last estimated date for delivery passes and you still have not received your item, then you can open an ebay claim for item not received. You only get 30 days after that delivery date range in which to open it (or that's the case here) so keep that in mind.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Given that the total paid for this was $AU8.95 not surprising there is no tracking.  The seller is fairly new but all seems to be going well. I doubt this is a matter for any concern.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I have to go post today.

Will recheck the ' letter ' post situation.

As mentioned - items can no longer be sent internationally as letters - they are documents only.

Only parcels - which have automatic tracking.

$8.95 with free shipping - not sure that is going to make it.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I think Dom's on the money here.

Handing the 'letter' over the counter at the PO is going to cost $A21 parcel post.

My Spidey Senses tell me they've dropped it in a street box for delivery.

Who knows what will happen to it from there?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply