Just got a call from Ebay at 2am in the morning..

jacquiline12
Community Member

Asking if i was expecting this call (only option was to press 9) then giving me a phone verification code. I didnt request any phone verification and havent been on ebay in a week or so?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Don't worry about it. It's just another one of their mistakes.

TCT
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Sounds like someone has used your phone number to register on ebay-either intentionally or in error ie wrong sequence of numbers

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

This generally happens when you log on from another computer or they don't recognize your computer,(an ongoing problem for them).

But you should have received the request verification box.

The other option would have being to just hang up.

You will need to ring eBay and enquire as to why you received the call: http://ocs.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&ref=1&topicrelid=5012400130&sid=5275028733&convId=0&ContactCsResultsPage=true

It could also have being an attempted hijack by a scammer from overseas,(hence the 2am call due to the time difference).X-(

As precaution run all your spy ware and virus protection and change your passwords.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I would do as tazz suggested, just to enquire why they needed to verify your details & to make it clear to them that you haven't opened any other accounts, just in case.

I do know of someone else this happened to, & the person's details WERE used to create other accounts with that person's details.  Not that I mean to scare you, but it's best to make sure that hasn't happened.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I hope you did not tell them anything.

I am sure that was a scam.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Check with your telephone server that no international calls have been made on your phone line at this time of night.

Usually if asked to press 9 it is a way to connecting to your phone line.

Erica :-x

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It also happens when you are trying to retrieve your password.  Maybe someone else was trying to hack into your account.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply