Just paid for an item, now seller wants more for postage.

grumshubby
Community Member

Hi all,

I've just bought a special medical grade Ultraviolet lamp from a seller in Poland ( I'm in Australia ) and paid via Paypal for the item and for postage.

The item plus postage was at the maximum limit of what I was prepared to pay for it.

I've just received a message from the seller asking for an additional amount for postage.  I'm not exactly happy about now being asked to pay for extra postage.

I have no idea how to pay extra postage after the transaction has already been completed anyway ? ( even if I was willing to pay the extra amount )

What are my options?

Can a transaction be cancelled somehow and a full refund of all monies paid ? and if so, how do I do it ?

Many thanks in advance for constructive advice.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

First off you're not obliged to pay any extra for postage if it was clearly shown in the listing.

Was it an auction or BIN sale, if it was an auction I'd suspect the seller didn't get the price they wanted and are trying to recoup it with extra postage.

You could ask the seller for a cancellation, it can only be done from their end. But I would leave it a while and see if they are going to send without the extra charge.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It was a Buy it now sale, the postage was shown in the listing. The purchase price plus postage was clearly shown, this allowed me to work out whether I could afford to buy it or not.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

DO NOT under any circumstances give them any more money. It's their problem if the postage cost was wrong. Plus, in the event something does go wrong, like they don't send it, or it gets lost in the post, you lose that money.

It's actually against eBay policy to ask for more postage after an item has been sold. I'd find the link for you, but I need to get to bed. Have a look in the help pages ( you might need to go round in circles a few times) and then send it to them.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Absolutely as Tippy said do not pay any more. I would not ask for a cancellation either. Send them a message saying you bought at the total price that was showing in the listing and you would like your item to be sent asap at the agreed price.

If they respond with an offer to cancel I would refuse it, they deserve to be penalised for not geting the postage right and wasting your time. If they don't respond at all wait for a couple of weeks and then open an item not received dispute through Paypal (not ebay) and get your money back.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply