Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item

I tried to buy 20 of this sellers $1 HDMI cables in item number 281899926273 however the system would somehow only let me buy one.

So After I received my item I decided I still wanted to buy more however I am continuing to receive the same error message. I have emailed the seller however the response I received was "yes you are welcoming buy item" ??? I have emailed the seller multiple times over the past 2 weeks but I am still getting incoherent responses.

My reply from eBay support is pretty much the same "we see that you wanting buying one of the cable from seller" please using Buy it Now button"

Am I asking too much to expect a coherent/valid response from either my seller or eBay staff?

These are the times?

• This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 1 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days.
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

It seems your seller has set his blocks to not allow multiple purchases within a 10 day period. As that is what the message you got said.

Does the one you got work?

Do you think you will get value from $1 HDMI cables.

Do you think you or your >$1 equipment will survive the failure of cheap Chinese junk?

I would consider myself lucky. Unless I was buying in bulk to resell to other mugs.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I paid $280 for my HDMI cable

No way would I expose my expensive equipment to a $1 chinese fry up

But go ahead

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I paid $280 for my HDMI cable

No way would I expose my expensive equipment to a $1 chinese fry up

But go ahead

I didn't pay $280 for mine, but it was close to $100. Like you, there is no way I'd be using a $1 cable on my stuff. Much cheaper to replace a cable if it fizzles out than a computer or TV.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@bjmonty28 wrote:

I tried to buy 20 of this sellers $1 HDMI cables in item number 281899926273 however the system would somehow only let me buy one.

So After I received my item I decided I still wanted to buy more however I am continuing to receive the same error message. I have emailed the seller however the response I received was "yes you are welcoming buy item" ??? I have emailed the seller multiple times over the past 2 weeks but I am still getting incoherent responses.

My reply from eBay support is pretty much the same "we see that you wanting buying one of the cable from seller" please using Buy it Now button"

Am I asking too much to expect a coherent/valid response from either my seller or eBay staff?

These are the times?

• This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 1 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days.

The seller is in China. Why don't you learn Chinese? At least they're having a go at communicating with you. Why is it that people who come from English speaking countries expect non English countries to all speak fluent English? Very few people make the effort to speak their language.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

I was going to tell you how to sort this out in a way the seller could understand but after your last (removed as I type) post I have absolutely no desire to assist you in your endevours.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Agree with phorum. That removed post was shameful. OP needs a re-think an a few issues.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

100% spot on agree with you

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Oh darn it, what did I miss? Did I get abused? (it's OK, I know you can't discuss removed posts).

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Well I wasnt getting any constructive help anyway so no loss.

Theres too much negativity in this world. Shame on you all for adding more negativity.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply