Layout could be better. Just a vent, really.

This is a bit of a perplexed vent, more than a question.

I recently bought some things for Christmas and birthday gifts. (And yes, I know, a bit of same, same, but I try to ring the changes with colour).

Anyway, this morning I went to give feedback on a couple of the items.

This screenshot below will show you what I see in the purchase history.

I have tried to delete any personal items for seller and buyer but you can see one item has not arrived yet, while the other two have been delivered.

Then if you look across to the right hand side, the very top choice in blue for the undelivered item is 'Leave feedback'. Really? I haven't got it yet.

Now cast your eyes to the last item at the bottom. This one has been delivered but I haven't left feedback for it either. However, the first choice there is 'Add to cart', followed by 'Return this item'. Surely "Leave feedback' would make logical sense in first spot for this one?

My complaint is this: I went into that section as I specifically wanted to leave feedback. Sure, it is an option in the drop down menu, but why isn't it at the top, first choice, for items that have been delivered? It is annoying to have to scroll for it as I am positive it would be more relevant to most buyers than the other two.

The top one for items that have not yet arrived should be 'View order details."

Surely the majority of people who buy something will be wanting to either leave feedback or view their order details. Return this item and Add to cart could be there in the list but at the bottom, not the top.

I just think the ebay display is poorly set up, it could be better. 

ebay feedback capture.PNG

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I think eBay has always been like that, springy. You can leave feedback from the moment payment gets through.

On the other site starting with E, you have to wait until either an item is delivered (according to the tracking) or they assume it has been delivered (if there is no tracking).

I think the reason why eBay is the way it is might be that feedback is also about the interaction with the seller.

Nice presents by the way - quite appropriate to the weather!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I can understand that, papermoon. But what I found strange was the 'leave feedback' wasn't there for the items that have actually been delivered. It is in the drop down menu but it's odd it wouldn't be one of the main options to click.

I know feedback is about the interaction with the seller but for me personally, there is usually no personal interaction, more that I watch to see if it is marked as posted and if a tracking number is given. I don't count the interaction as finished until I have the item.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it's odd. Actually the whole website has become almost surrealistic anyway. I don't expect rationality from it any more. It used to be much better in the past. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hmmm. I can’t help but agree that the call to action options don’t match the status in terms of what’s most “in your face”.

But don’t tell the eBay IT team, lest they get frenziedly to work making “sell similar” as the first button…

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Your comment gave me a good laugh at least. Yes, we don't want to tempt them.

I like the way you expressed it-the options that are most 'in your face'.

If I were a seller, where items have been delivered but where no feedback has yet been left,  I'd like the top option buyers see, the most 'in your face' option, to be 'Leave feedback'.

The other thing that surprised me (not in screenshot shown here), was that after I gave positive feedback for the items. 5 star feedback. Ater I finish, up pops a little ebay suggestion that says something like "Did something go wrong with your purchase? Tell us about it here."

As a buyer, I think it is good that ebay is making it easy for buyers to see how they can report a problem or get help if things go wrong. But surely ebay could set it up so only buyers who leave negative or neutral feedback see that message?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Another oddity (which I think I have already mentioned in another thread) is that after leaving positive feedback eBay now asks if there was a problem and tells you that you are protected blah blah blah.  I must wonder... why do they think people leave positive feedback? Because there was a problem?

Snap, springy... Great minds...

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay website now:

papermoonlady_0-1662246400143.jpeg

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Another glitch... If you click on the number of new items in a seller's store in your feed (usually next to the price for one of their new items)... you are now redirected to this page: https://www.ebay.com.au/n/all-categories/?_rdc=1

Always!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

And that page is NOT Rome.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply