Make An Offer issues

G'day All, I dont think it is fair that if a seller has a "Make An Offer" tab, but does not respond to your first 2 offers, & then rejects your third offer, that is all 3 of your offer attempts gone. I think that if they dont respond to an offer, that one should not be included in your 3 attempts. Ebay should then "remind" them to either accept or reject every offer within 24 hours, as per the rules. If they are not going to use it properly, then they should not be allowed to have the option.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Make An Offer issues

Having made all three - was the first offer embarrassing.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

If an offer expires, it is still considered an offer that was not accepted (even if not explicitly rejected).

When you only have an offer left, you should try to make a reasonable offer to give it a chance.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

Did you make a decent offer or did you make an offensive, low ball offer

Maybe let eBay know your thoughts

But buyers who do make rubbish offers deserve to be ignored by the seller 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

I am assuming the first two offers were you just โ€˜tyre-kickingโ€™โ€ฆ.. 

I wouldnโ€™t respond to ridiculous low-ball offers either. 

So, now, youโ€™ve attempted 3 times to buy this sellersโ€™ item. If you really want it that bad, why not just pay the asking price? 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

No it certainly was not. I got no response so re-submitted the same offer two more times.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

My offer was reasonable. Common curtesy would be to reply.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

It was a decent offer. I completly agree, rubbish offers deserve to be ignored.  

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

No, my offer was the same all 3 times due to no response, not low ball, tyre kicking etc. Ridiculous low ball offers deserve to be ignored.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

Why make the same offer 3 times - when it was ignored - or not answered in the first place. ??

Perhaps if you had ' upped ' the offer - you may have had a better chance.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply