Make sellers responsible for their poor service - force good customer service...

Hi Guys

I have bought stuff on eBay recently, some good, some bad, some indifferent sellers.

Ok here is the thing.. Online stores are making it hard for local retail stores to compete. If ebay sellers want to be in the market they must take the rough with the smooth. I recently bought a 64 GB phone and found it was 16 GB. I made them pay for postage back,  refused to pay (1st part of playing hard ball - their mistake they pay). I guess they did not want to pay for a 3rd postage so 'had no stock' - it could have been the case who knows, but they would not have made anything paying for 3 postage. By the time I sent phone back, waited, and ordered another one from somewhere else it took me 6 weeks to get another phone not 6 days. Another seller sent something with a piece missing and offered a partial discount so I could go and buy in local store. NO - I would have gone their in the first place. The peice needed was more than the item cost - durrrrr. I have got them to send the piece. But they tried the easy way for them first. I think they need to understand customer service or get out of the business. If they are going to force retailers to close they must  offer  the same service. Make the sellers really check the item is correct before they send it by playing hard ball. Having to go back to post office is your time - they should pay for it or make it easy for us as buyers. This will weed out the poor sellers.

Just a morning vent 🙂 ...but I do think we should be harder on poor sellers, and maybe a rule were the sellers must send a replacement item with a return evelope or courier to pick up... Basically really make the seller think about sending the correct item. I reckon if I think about it I have had to send a lot of thinks back or just could not be bothered.

cheers

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Make sellers responsible for their poor service - force good customer service...

I think that is something that needs to be addressed by ebay - feedback option must be as long as warranty.... but ebay don;t read this 😉 HA HA

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Re: Make sellers responsible for their poor service - force good customer service...

Spot on, ebay don't read here (despite they have a little blurb claiming otherwise)

Same as there are many people who don't read feedback, buy off a seller who has dozens of red dots and then say the did'nt know they had bad feedback

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:

The system works on the last 12 months..... they might have 100000 sales.. ...but it is the last 12 months so it could be 1000 sales, if 200 were bad?

I know how it works,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

I've seen plenty of sellers with 100,000 sales in a year as they are high volume sellers.

This one is close and as you can see their percentage hasn't been hurt by the negs:

88 thou.PNG

If 200 out of a 1000 were bad then they are most likely a scammer and would've done a runner after they

received the first 20 or so.

Seeing as a lot of buyers have come to the boards over time stating that they have being ripped off but when

asked if they checked their feedback first most say that they haven't.

I've only ever left one neg as the seller wouldn't take any responsibility,(any others have always been willing to

work things out if things went wrong which off course don't deserve a neg).

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Ok

Here is the scenerio ..right now I have a product been delievered, half of it has arrived.. I am waiting for other half...

they say it is sent.

What do I do - if I dont get the other piece?
Do you I mark as not recieved (which I think I should)

or do I add 'not as decribed'... either way I think I will have to return item to get a refund..

and if that happens I cannot leave feedback? (or can I ?, I found when they cancel order and refund there is no option of feedback) 

but why I cannot  I not say item not recieved and get a refund ...why should I waste my time going to post office, if they want it back they should send a replied paid enevelop BUT I still have to waste my time??

Either way I should be able to leave feedback - regardless of what happens..

and the point of this post was really start to put the 'screws' on bad service. They have one option to do the right thing once...

Once they send something that is not right or not working they must get it back themselves... I have now ordered something 2 weeks ago which I cannot use and I don;t know if I should order another one because "its on its way" ...I am getting screwed around by someone that had very little bad feedback, 99.5%... BUT there could have been 100's of cancelled orders but that does not show...

maybe it should..

thanks

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

There are sellers out there that do waste your time and some seem deliberate and others maybe or maybe not

so leaving feedback is an individual thing based on each buyers experience,(all I'm saying is that a lot of time

neg feedback will not make any difference to some sellers).

I've always been of the opinion that feedback should be allowed for a cancelled transaction in that if it's fits a

certain criteria but eBay base it's removal on the overall transaction,(in that if it's cancelled then it didn't happen

and so no feedback can be left,their site,their rules).

I wouldn't go as not received as you've received something,(so it falls into the category of not as described as

something is missing).

Make certain you start any dispute well before the feedback limit of 60 days expires.

Bad service is part of eBay and there is no way to fix that,(if I have a problem with a transaction I message the

seller and if they don't want to do the right thing I start a dispute before time runs out)

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks

How do I start a dispute in this case, "Item not as described"

What happens in this case, does the seller get official notice to fix or does give the seller the option to offer a refund and return.

That process has started with telling me it is on its way - whether that is true or not. I should have got  it today or latest tomorrow.

I am putting my foot down this time - I am not spending my time and money and sending an item back or the can pay me an hour of

my time.

In the end I will get a refund fund from Paypal as the item does not work, it cannot it is missing an important piece.

Thanks

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:

Thanks

How do I start a dispute in this case, "Item not as described"

What happens in this case, does the seller get official notice to fix or does give the seller the option to offer a

refund and return.

That process has started with telling me it is on its way - whether that is true or not. I should have got  it today or latest tomorrow.

I am putting my foot down this time - I am not spending my time and money and sending an item back or the can pay me an hour of

my time.

In the end I will get a refund fund from Paypal as the item does not work, it cannot it is missing an important piece.

Thanks

I haven't done one for a while but from memory I think I did it via the ask seller a question.

As long as you haven't started any other dispute you can go to the item and select Ask the seller a question

and you can select: I received an item that wasn't as described and once you tick that box you'll get a

message at the bottom that's about requesting a return,(just click on that and follow through on it).

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Hi I got hold of eBay,

Start a return to sender procedure, it can be canceled in my case if other part of product arrives ... but they are liable for postage costs.
Cheers
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Hi

Update the item eventually arrived, and would believe they sent a wrong part and had to resend.. urghhhhh

Anyhow they did the right thing but service was bad because they did not put the right thing in mail ... twice. 30 days later I got what ordered.

I feel I should leave neg feedback but feel bad as they tried. It is tough ... thanks
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

If they helped all they could and the product is as it should be I may leave a pos depending on the tone of their communication.

If I had to chase it up then I would leave a neut.

I only leave a neg if there is no effort to rectify.

image host
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply