Many missing pieces of the item, seller never replies to messages

Hi all,

I have bought a Homei Compact gel nail led light machine and agreed to buy it only for what the seller has included in the listing: the new box of machine which has an usb inside supposedly and two nail gel polish as depicted on both the description of the listing and photos taken by the seller.

And it was a nightmare after I have bought it!

First of all, there are MANY MISSING PARTS of the item: the USB and NAIL GEL POLISHES! It was written on the listing as NEW. From the front of the box I have got, official website of Homei, other similar listings on eBay and other online resources, machine would have included an usb if the box is new as the seller describe. However, no where on the listing says it misses the usb. How am I supposed to use the machine when the basics like usb is not included? 

Similarly, for the nail gel polishes, the seller specifically said it would include two colours of gel polishes on the listing. When it arrive, there were no polishes but just the machine itself.

After that, I tried to contact the seller, as I have contacted he/she prior to delivery. The SELLER HAS NEVER REPLIED any of the messages that I have sent regarding on the delivery or the items! Is this the kind of behaviours to be expected for sellers on eBay? I have only gone on ebay again recently but it seems like there are increasing cases of faulty listings on ebay where actual item often does not match the listing. Personally, it is really disappointed to see the quality of ebay seems to have depreciated recently.

I have TWO QUESTIONS HERE.

May I request a partial refund since there are so many missing pieces of the item? There were no such button on ebay. And I only want the partial refund for the missing pieces but not the item itself.

And if the item does not specifically said it included the usb, would it be valid to say that it should be included because the actual product on the official sites and other listings on ebay has included it?

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

what is the item number?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Did you buy from a Chinese seller ?

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

etb321
Community Member

Don't stuff about, start a item not as described refund case. 

Get your money back and buy a complete unit elsewhere. 

Tom

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Homei have of course an excellent reputation for these products. If parts were missing, it's not likely that what you bought was new. It may not even be genuine.

At any rate, if you didn't buy from an authorised seller for Homei, you've no warranty. Can you check with Homei to see whether the seller from whom you bought is an authorised seller? (Contact link is on the Homei page, at the bottom - just look for お問い合わせ )

If the seller's not an authorised seller for Homei products, you'd be best off opening a refund request with "not as described" as the reason. You say you would rather have a partial refund than return the product, but are you really willing to put yourself in the position of having no recourse when something goes wrong with the unit? At any rate, you cannot demand a partial refund - that's up to the seller. You can certainly get a full refund, including postage cost back to the seller. But always ensure that you check the postage cost back first, and get the seller to agree, within the dispute - or get on the phone with eBay using the "Have us call you" option if the return address is overseas and return postage cost is not commensurate with the overall cost.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply