Misleading advertising, pricing to description

How is this allowed 

6.0AH 18V Lithium Battery $33.50 

Follow link and it defaults to 2.0AH battery for that price $33.50

Use drop down boxes to select correct battery (6AH) as in title and its $48.50

This is misleading and false advertising and ebay should stop it being done or
be reported to ACCC for allowing their site to be used to use this way.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing illegal about variations listings when they are used correctly as seems to be the case you are describing.

Different batteries are different prices.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I don't suppose you have told eBay all this ? 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Yep totally agree as most ebay listings seem to breach Australian pricing regulations and legislation.

I have just posted a question and let Ebay know through contacting them as there are also listings that premote an item in the main listing as a fishing reel for a rediculously cheap price of $1.78 and then when you click on it it is a tiny tackle box and the reel is listed as out of stock. It is OK to sell multible items in the listing but where the breach seems to be is where the main listing in the search brings up the reel and has no metion of the tackle box until the reel is click on. So the first listing does not state multible items! The item is the reel pictured and the price is low so by rights i should be able to purchase the reel for the low price but the Ebay system has now way of letting me do that! Its alsmost fraudulent! It breaches the pricing regulatoins and legislation.

But no, as the way Ebay has set up their listing system it creates a loop hole for dodgy sellers to take advantage of this.

Thousands of listings are not legitimate and are creating a bad experience for buyers as it takes way to long in the lowest price first search filter to find a legitimate item to the photo in the listing!

Ebay is becomming more and more of a bad experience to search for items!

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@amybrookewatts wrote:

Yep totally agree as most ebay listings seem to breach Australian pricing regulations and legislation.

As you were told in your other post, Australian regs do not apply to sellers registered overseas, and Asian sellers in particular use the bait and switch listings to their advantage.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Tell eBay! How the **bleep** do you do that?
How many screens does one have to try and traverse, to report something like this? I can't find it.
How many thousands of ppl have to complain to get something done?
It's still going on 6/12 after this was first reported, and worse.
Poor practices eBay.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Every listing has a report button, but as said months ago, eBay won't do anything about foreign sellers, especially Chinese ones.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

eBay Australia has to do it no matter the seller origin. The fraud is committed and registered on an Australian site and the government has jurisdiction over eBay Australia. They can and have banned sites that advertise pirated material and they can for fraudulent material as well!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Please dont drag up dead threads.  This has been asleep for a long while.

As mentioned many times on the forums Variation Listings are Not Illegal

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

They posted similar nonsense on another topic

Seem to like spreading false 'information' and saying things are 'fraud' bases wholly and only on their personal dislike of something

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply