Missing Parcel advice please

legarlu
Community Member

I'm in NSW and purchased sink and taps from a Seller in Vic.  It is a large carton and was collected on Tuesday 17th June 2014.

The seller and also the carrier sent me information details of the consignment no and reference no.   I have been on the carriers' website and therem is no more information than the carton being picked up on the 17th June'14.  I have contacted the seller a few times and they have tried contacting the carrier and isn't able to get any more information other than it's missing.   I'm now starting to worry and I need the items for the plumber to install therefore I'll have to spend another 450.00.  The only information from the seller on dealing with the carrier is the carton hasn't been scanned and he's very disappointed with the service and attitude of the staff.   What is the quickest way to get my money back.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The quickest way would be to ask the seller for a refund and get them to put a claim in with the freight company.

I think a paypal claim takes a couple of weeks and from what you have said it is likely to be awarded in favour of the seller. I could be wrong though. I would contact the seller before making a claim with paypal.

A credit card chargeback would likely take even longer and you are likely to get the run around from the banks also.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I should point out that if there was no insurance and they don't find your item (and the freight company doesn't payout) your money and item is likely gone. JMO

Someone was probably given the wrong package  or something and it will probably turn up, assuming it not just some sort of scam.

I received an order destined for Russa once, and it wasn't a cheap item. My consignment label from another order got stuck to the box. Not sure what happened to my original order but I had it insured and the company posted my order out again.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Did you organise the courier or was the delivery cost included in the Paypal invoice? If the former then unfortunately it is still classed as a pick up item and you have no Paypal buyer protection. If the seller arranged the delivery and charged for it within the same payment then I am pretty sure for a courier delivery they have to provide on line proof of delivery, the clause that says you only need to prove the ite4m has been despatched to the buyer's Paypal delivery address is only for cheaper priced Aus Post items.

If they are a registered company with an ABN then you should contact Fair Trade to see what your rights are. If they are not a company then there is nothing to stop you opening a Paypal non receipt dispute, if they turn it down as you paid for the delivery seperately then you may get somewhere with your card provider if you used a credit card to fund the payment.

Unfortunatel any of these actions will take time and if you cannot wait you will just have to purchase elsewhere, if and when the goods do arrive you will have to resell them yourself to ge4t your money back.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The courier cost was included in the ebay invoice I didn't organise it.  will wait till Monday or Tuesday.

thanks

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

In that case, open a Item Not Received claim with paypal.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply