Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

I have an item that has not arrived. I requested tracking info and was told the seller did not have this as 30 days had passed. Furthermore that, since 30 days was up, they were not obligated to keep tracking details and took no responsibility from that point.

Filed a case with eBay after seller proved unhelpful, they responded to the case saying 30 days no responsibility and asked eBay to review, eBay did and closed the case in sellers favour without me getting any right of reply. I appealed and almost immediately got a message saying the original decision was upheld. 

I have since then several times requested information to assist tracking down the parcel and seller has ignored all messages. Most recently when resending a previously ignored request the seller has told me quite rudely not to contact them any more and that if I do they will report to eBay. My requests have always been polite, never pushy. Like most people though, I don’t like or appreciate being ignored hence asking several times. And certainly don’t appreciate being abused. 

I’m now at the point where the seller and eBay are not helping and in light of the sellers refusal to give me anything to go with I’m now seeking advice here. Is there another option to appeal further or is 30 days all you get nowadays? 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

@springyzone wrote:

Are you looking at the original ad you actually bought from? The seller hasn't a second identical item up for sale? That's all I can think of if you are seeing later delivery dates.

I was thinking exactly the same, springy. The ETA will change in the original listing if the seller is still selling the item (if the seller has more than one), but it should not change in the purchase history.

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I was thinking exactly the same, springy. The ETA will change in the original listing if the seller is still selling the item (if the seller has more than one), but it should not change in the purchase history.

The seller has no current listings and in completed listings it's showing the later ETA's for the medals the OP bought.

"Confusion reigns"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

EBay has refused under their money back guarantee and I appealed and that was declined (got a message saying case closed and original decision upheld) so I’m guessing as far as eBay is concerned it’s done? Is that what you mean? The eBay case has to be closed to open a PayPal case? I have a full trail of messages from the seller. 

im looking at the original ad yes. Seller has no active listings and was a one off. It changes daily. 

Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

D5FF20F2-D7EF-4423-AEC6-5FD5BFBEED90.jpeg

5D417BD3-AD71-48A9-8180-6EC8D4FDDD2F.jpeg

Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

Hi there,

Not covered by MBG,  as  30 days since last estimated delivery date has expired.

Appeals are automatically closed if no new evidence is provided with the appeal.

Nothing more to be achieved via ebay.

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

There was no option to add further info to appeal. 

Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

As it appears the ebay dispute is closed, then definitely open a PayPal dispute. If the seller hasn't provided tracking, then they will lose as soon as you escalate the case to a claim. They are probably sitting back feeling quite smug because you weren't refunded by ebay, not realising that you paid via PayPal so can still open a dispute there.

If for some unlikely reason the PayPal dispute fails (keep a close eye on it each day and escalate as soon as the option is available), the you have the option of a credit card chargeback. DO NOT initiate a chargeback until PayPal has failed.

Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Appeal eBay's decision about a return or missing item for buyers | eBay

It sounds like the OP appealed and it was denied.

Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

You should definitely win a PayPal dispute.

The seller says in the listing that he will send via registered mail, responded to your feedback saying the same, but never provided you with tracking and didn't keep any records of tracking after 30 days. How odd.

Message 20 of 39
Latest reply