Money back guarantee/buyer protection for fake item from O/S?

What's the deal? If an item advertised in a listing as original or genuine and confirmed by the seller as such (via a question to the seller) is purchased from overseas and is subsequently found to be a fake, am I covered completely 100% safe etc etc for this by either eBay/PayPal/credit card company (assuming a card is used to fund the purchase)? Will I need to pay up front to return the item or will the seller be required to cover return postage as is the case locally? Also does my postage cost that I paid originally get refunded as it does locally? In this case the postage is higher than normal (like a $120 postal charge and a $12 item) which is why I ask.

If the item is seized by customs as a fake (which happens) then am I still covered?
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Money for jam.

What kind of scam are you trying to pull? I am perfectly prepared to pay for nothing but I never said I wanted jam. I doubt if it would ever reach my pastor in Nigeria anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

@digupatin wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@digupatin wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If you want to make a donation to someone who needs wants money for nothing I will send you my bank details Smiley Wink

Will Western Union do?  I'm working off shore atm and can't pay any other way.

Are you working in Nigeria at the moment by any chance? Money

Yes, my father , the King of Nigeria, sends his regards to you tippy  

Give him my regards and let him know that my next payment towards getting all the money to me, so I can hide it and keep it safe for him, will be deposited by the end of the week. I think this next payment is around $10K. It will all be worth it when the squillions are deposited in my account. I know it's legit, because he sent me a photo of the money.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply