Mouse over zoom broken firefox

For the last few weeks I cannot zoom an image usnig mouse over in firefox on my main computer.

Edge works OK and the image mouse over does the zoom.

Firefox on my 2nd compter works OK. The exact same page has the mouse over zoom working.

On my 2nd computer with the item page loaded the small pictures display and under the main picture are the words 'Mouse over image to zoom' and the zoom works.

On the 1st computer with the same item page loaded the small pictures display and under the main picture are the words 'Click to view larger image and other views'

So on the 1st computer it seems that the page has already decided at load time that the zoom option will be disabled and replaced with the click option only and is explicitly stating that.

I did not change anything in preferences or settings that I am aware of on computer 1 so how is ebay deciding to disable the mouse over soom feature for computer number 1?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

>>That is not an option for me....my lappy has only been in use for 2 weeks and has had several restarts in that time when new programs have been installed.

If you want zoom working then maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox (or whichever browser zoom is not working for you)

Also maybe try logging in under a guest account to see if the issue is account specific.

Also try MS Edge as that was the browser that did not have a problem for me even when FF zoom was not working.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Firefox was only installed when I got the laptop.

I have very little need for the Zoom function so really cannot be bothered doing anything about it at this stage.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Latest installment in the mesmerising mystery of the malfunctioning ebay zoom...

My ebay image zoom stopped working in Firefox again this evening and only 'Click to enlarge...' was offered. The first thing I tried was logging out and logging back (not a full reboot) and again that has cured the problem.

Bizzare how it came back the same day and the logout/login fixes it.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

This hover problem started when Firefox was updated a month or two ago. I've seen it on other sites too. My solution was to obtain and install Firefox v 51 from Mozilla's site.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

The problem started for me about 2 or 3 months ago.

I was already on FF 52 when I posted this thread. FF has now updated to 53 and the problem still exists.

Log-out and login reliably fixes the problem but the fix only lasts about 1 hour then I have to log-out and login again.

I reported the problem to Ebay with a link to this thread but the support response was a bit lame and I didn't follow up.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of FF52? I'd be interested to know if you also find the problem goes away with FF51.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

If you aren't closing and reopening the browser you won't be getting latest updates installed.

In future, if the browser is up to date, you could try uninstalling and re-installing Mozilla. It's pretty quick.
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

^^I am on 32bit FF. It is now updated to FF53. Not sure how to roll back to FF51 since I don't think Mozilla makes older installers avilable but the newer versions have security fixes so don't really want to try it unless there is some specific reason to believe the zoom breakage is specififc to 52/53.

^My FF updates automatically and I do restart FF quite often so the updates are applied.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

You can download the old versions from the mozilla website.
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Just an update to mention that updating Winows 10 to Creator (version 1703) has fixed the problem for some reason.

I am on FF 53.0.3 but that update was before the Windows update and did not fix the problem. It was the Windows update that fixed it.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply