Multiple listings - misleading in search engines

I am so sick of searching for an item,

YOU KNOW. . . .  when you search -  then put in price order to see the cheapest option...

Lets say an iphone, but due to the multiple listings you search iphone6 but mixed in so they can list it cheaper is an iphone4

so you have to physically open every listing and search....

Surely this is against ebay policies as it is misleading?????

And stopping buyers from buying as they give up!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multiple listings - misleading in search engines

I have just searched iphone to prove my point one seller comes up at $78.75 the post only mentions iphone6????
when you enter the options it then jumps to a picture of an iphone 4 but no details about it still says iphone 6
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I would normally agree that this type of listing is is a pain however anything that puts somebody off buying an iphone on ebay is doing buyers and honest sellers a big favour.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

So you're saying that the iPhone 25 that I bought for $150 brand new in box is dodgy? The box was only opened so the seller could check that it worked. It was legit. The seller was a lovely Chinese lad who spoke rooly good Englesh. Now I don't know what to think,

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Tรญppy you know that there is always an exception that proves the rule Woman LOL You are savvy enough to know how to get your money back if it was no good too. Many buyers don't know how to get round the problems of proving things are not as described and returning mobile phones, especially overseas. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Normally ... yes but ebay in that case went on the side of the seller didnt even let me provide proof of the problem.. so much for buyer protection!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I doubt that you will get a reply from PJ after 9+ months.....she rarely posts on the boards now.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply